am confused by Corsair and their fans.

Mad153
Go to solution Solved by videodj,

The commander Pro has 2 RGB headers, plug the strips into one of them.  The strips are daisiy chained, so connect in series, should come with extension cables as well.  You'll only need the Lighting Node Pro if you add additional strips.  For the lighting on the Fan to work, you'll need a Lighthing Hub (supports 6 fans), these usually come with the multi packs of fans.

My setup is Commander Pro, 2 lighting node pros (both plugged into the Commander Pro), feeding 12 strips, 2 Lighting hubs feeding 9 ML Pro RGB's.  The lighting hubs connect to usb headers, so I added a Thermaltake H200 to additional headers, as my motherboard only has 2 headers and I need headers, for my AIO, wifi card and front panel.

Hello,

I am confused by Corsair's node pro and commander pro.

I have one LL120 fan and 4 RGB Corsair strips from one of their kits.

Do all of the strips need their own port on the node pro, or do they only need one?

Will I have a port to plug in the RGB controller for the fan or do I need the commander pro?

Thanks

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

The commander Pro has 2 RGB headers, plug the strips into one of them.  The strips are daisiy chained, so connect in series, should come with extension cables as well.  You'll only need the Lighting Node Pro if you add additional strips.  For the lighting on the Fan to work, you'll need a Lighthing Hub (supports 6 fans), these usually come with the multi packs of fans.

My setup is Commander Pro, 2 lighting node pros (both plugged into the Commander Pro), feeding 12 strips, 2 Lighting hubs feeding 9 ML Pro RGB's.  The lighting hubs connect to usb headers, so I added a Thermaltake H200 to additional headers, as my motherboard only has 2 headers and I need headers, for my AIO, wifi card and front panel.

CPU AMD Ryzen™ 9 5950X RAM 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB (3600 MHz) GPU Asus RTX 3080 ROG Strix OC Motherboard ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Cooling Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD PSU 850W Corsair RM850i Storage Samsung Evo 970 Plus 500Gb, Samsung Evo 970 1Tb, San Disk 3D Ultra 2Tb, San Disk 3D Ultra 500Gb x 2 Capture Card Elgato 4K60 Pro Display 2 x  Acer Nitro VG271UP 27" IPS Case Corsair 5000D Airflow Keyboard Corsair K100 Air Mouse Dark Core Pro SE Operating System Windows 11 Pro RGB Corsair Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, 13 x 120mm ML Pro RGB, LT100, 2 x LS100