Quadros

So what is it with a Quadros that don't play games very well, but then you have Quadro RTX 5000 Quadro RTX 6000 and Quadro RTX 8000 but each of those RTX 5000 6000 and 8000 are VR ready does that mean Jensen has come up with a brand of GPUs is capable of playing games as well as game development, so create a game with a Quadro RTX 6000, then sell the game which has been developed using Quadro RTX 6000 for precision the someone with a gaming pc with a RTX 2080Ti plays the game with very high frame rates.

Quadros not being able to game is a common misconception. They just don't get all the perfect drivers for gaming but they still can game.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Quadros obviously can game, and minding their specs they might game even better than mainstream cards.

Why shouldn't you buy a Quadro for gaming though? Because they are way more expensive since they feature validation/certification, different drivers and usually way more VRAM than gaming requires and all of this highly increases their cost without really adding to gaming.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Because in the future im going to invest in 2 of the Quadro RTX 6000 one day.

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Quadros obviously can game, and minding their specs they might game even better than mainstream cards.

Why shouldn't you buy a Quadro for gaming though? Because they are way more expensive since they feature validation/certification, different drivers and usually way more VRAM than gaming requires and all of this highly increases their cost without really adding to gaming.

Well look at Nvidias video cards, 1080Ti which i still got, cost me 1300AUD for 1, now MSI don't make them anymore because their amnesia dementia, so thats the end of SLI for me that sucks, now Nvidia brought out 2080Ti oh 2300AUD constantly sold out none available, then by the time i purchase 1 oh Nvidia stop making them, then Nvidias new flag ship 3080Ti 3300AuD, i feel like a grayhound running around in circles chasing the rabbit, i can say Nvidia is going to one day release a 5080Ti, so to me Quadro RTX 6000 are hear to stay, if need to be a Quadro RTX 5000 at Scorptec $3999AUD if comes to worse.

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

ignore them ._. Geforce cards are down-specced Quadros using a different driver

go look at the list of nvidia GPUs on wikipedia. the actual GPU dies (dice?) are used in both Quadro and Geforce

Well if they end up die, as long as they give those GPUs a good Funneral, also they should try at the Funneral parlour take those GPUs to the living room.

a quadro can game but the drivers for the card are made for cad software so a gaming card that has the same specs and power usage will be slower in a cad software than its quadro brother as the gaming card doesnt have cad focused drivers and it works the other way around where quadro cards don't have drivers meant for gaming so the gaming card like it will be faster than the quadro in gaming

2 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

a quadro can game but the drivers for the card are made for cad software so a gaming card that has the same specs and power usage will be slower in a cad software than its quadro brother as the gaming card doesnt have cad focused drivers and it works the other way around where quadro cards don't have drivers meant for gaming so the gaming card like it will be faster than the quadro in gaming

Game engines like UE4 is a type of CAD program Quadros be good for that for detail, then use a 2080Ti to play it.

36 minutes ago, James Aplin said:

Well look at Nvidias video cards, 1080Ti which i still got, cost me 1300AUD for 1, now MSI don't make them anymore because their amnesia dementia, so thats the end of SLI for me that sucks, now Nvidia brought out 2080Ti oh 2300AUD constantly sold out none available, then by the time i purchase 1 oh Nvidia stop making them, then Nvidias new flag ship 3080Ti 3300AuD, i feel like a grayhound running around in circles chasing the rabbit, i can say Nvidia is going to one day release a 5080Ti, so to me Quadro RTX 6000 are hear to stay, if need to be a Quadro RTX 5000 at Scorptec $3999AUD if comes to worse.

Nah mate, get the 9800 GTX. 

After all, the bigger model number the better

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold