Want to Start Streaming!

Abdi1

Hello everyone, i'm really interested in building a system that would kill 1080p gaming while also delivering the best performance for streaming. The games i want to stream would be esport titles such as fortnite and csgo, hopefully Halo infinite when it comes to the PC next year... Speculation. Speculation....don't take my word. The Specs are: 1) AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  2) ASUS Expedition RX 570 OC Edition  3) Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H  4) Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB HX426C16FB2/8         

5)

Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3 Mini-Tower M-ATX Case (No PSU)

6) 

Crucial BX500 240GB 2.5 inch SSD

7) Cooler Master MWE BRONZE 450W

For a streamer do you suggest overclocking the ram, cpu and graphics card for optimal performance? Do you think a nooby like myself would be able to complete such a task? Lol. I want to upgrade later down the road, do you think this pc would kill 1080p for the next 2 years (E-SPORTS ONLY). The only two components i get a problem with is the CPU & Ram, i know more ram would help with streaming but i don't have the canadian rupees to buy a 16gb ddr4 ram that is suitable for ryzen... In NZ we have to pay like 260$+ for a 16gb ddr4 ram. I know it is best to run with two sticks of ram than one (Smart amiright) and that you need a good motherboard to overclock and do those dangerous stuff.. Quick question? Will my hardware die after a few years if i overclock, i'm scared to spend 1.2k or more on a system that would fry in a week. Lastly, is an rx 570 4gb OC expedition edition even good? It's hella cheap for an rx 570 and suprises me that we get a good bang for the back on this Island.

If you guys think there are issues with this rig, can you please build me a system from this website (pbtech.co.nz).. I want to stream 1080p gameplay on Twitch, while not losing performance or stuttering with the stream. My Budget is 1300$ NZD.. Only tell me what to get from that retailer as its very reliable.

Just a heads up, I'd suggest using https://nz.pcpartpicker.com, that way you can check total cost, compatibility, and find parts easily, all in one place. You can even set PBTech as the preferred merchant so it only looks there.

I'll edit this post with a build in a few minutes.

--Edit--

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($366.85 @ PB Technologies)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B450M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($159.84 @ PB Technologies)
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.74 @ PB Technologies)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($71.29 @ PB Technologies)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 3 (Windowless) MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($67.84 @ PB Technologies)
Other: EVGA 220-G2-0550-Y4  ($158.99 @ PB Technologies)
Other: ASUS EX-RX570-O4G  ($258.99 @ PB Technologies)
Other: Kingston HX429C17FB2/8  ($155.24 @ PB Technologies)
Total: $1313.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-02 23:57 NZDT+1300

Issues with your current list:

You can't overclock on A320 motherboards. Switched to B450 to allow for overclocking.

Ryzen needs higher clocked RAM for best performance. 3000MHz+ is recommended. Upped to 2933MHz because it was cheapest and close enough to 3000MHz.

I wouldn't go with a power supply that close to the total power draw of the system. Upped to an EVGA G2 550W. Very solid option.

The 240GB SSD will fill up very quickly. Windows and the losses from MB [1000] (what drive manufacturers use) to MiB [1024] (what Windows uses) will eat up around 40GB, then you're left with 200GB for a few games, programs, files, etc... Added in a 1TB HDD for additional storage.

Same GPU, same case. If interested, they've got the MasterBox Lite 3.1 TG for a few dollars more. https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/CHACLM10327/Cooler-Master-MasterBox-Lite-31-TG-Mini-Tower-M-AT?qr=pspy

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

@Strike105X @wojtepanik @TheKDub Thanks everyone for their recommendations, from what i can tell i need an rx 580 but that's like an extra 170$.. Is it really worth it if i was streaming? And for the ram and motherboard, it seems like that i would need the best motherboard paired with two sticks of ram. If you believe this will drastically improve everything than i might take a shot purchasing a system similar to that. The problem with the motherboards, is that they have different names next to the tags like B40 -- SO & SO  b350 - so & so and x370 - so & so... I don't know what they are referring to but would love to know which is the best bang for the buck from the merchants i have listed.

2 hours ago, Abdi1 said:

@Strike105X @wojtepanik @TheKDub Thanks everyone for their recommendations, from what i can tell i need an rx 580 but that's like an extra 170$.. Is it really worth it if i was streaming? And for the ram and motherboard, it seems like that i would need the best motherboard paired with two sticks of ram. If you believe this will drastically improve everything than i might take a shot purchasing a system similar to that. The problem with the motherboards, is that they have different names next to the tags like B40 -- SO & SO  b350 - so & so and x370 - so & so... I don't know what they are referring to but would love to know which is the best bang for the buck from the merchants i have listed.

okay first off excuse the rant everyone 

heres some bulletpoints to remember. 

1. 1080p60 is waht you want but single PC is not going to be easy

2. 720p60 will be much easier and look BETTER with a single PC setup and heres why. 

A. youre going to be CPU encoding in OBS or streamlabs OBS (x.264) when you ecode with the CPU you have 3 main factors that set the video quality 

1a. CPU Preset = Slow - Fastest  || the slower the the better, 1080p60 on MEDIUM preset is the goal of every streamer no matter how big, 

B. keyframe interval which is the number of frames the encoder will use before refrshing to all new frames IE if your looking at soemthing for a long time (3 sec. then the frame will refresh to an entire new frame ever X frame.

1a. most people have the keyframe at 2, so every second frame it will be a entirely new frame, so you dont get screen taring or stuttering on stream

C. bitrate, the higher the better, as an affiliate you can stream up to 8000 bitrate, 

3. to stream on a SINGLE PC 1080p60 you need a MONSTER computer. 

Ex. 1080TI, i9 9900k, 32gb ram, watercooler and overclocked to the brink of explosion. 

you can stream 720p60 at Fast preset at 2 keyframe interval using x.264 at 8000k bitrate with your CURRENT setup. and if anyone disagrees they are wrong, ive been doing it on a R5 1600 (non x) OC to 3.9GHz and RX580 stock speed 

if you are not liquid cooling (i.e. AIO or Custom Loop) i suggest this setting preset *(faster CPU preset, 7250 bitrate, 2 keyframe interval) 

if you have other questions, go to my twitch, join my discord i can walk you through it all tonight at 4:30pm PST NA time 

REASON FOR EDIT, IM A DAMN PLEB AND ACCIDENTLY POSTED WITHOUT FINISHING 

Neveer mind [:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)