Ryzen Gen1 Gaming Stability

From Signal from Tarkov to Rainbow Six Siege to DOOM to Destiny 2, I just seem to have random crashes from time to time. It's not every game, but it's regular enough to be annoying. I'm sure it's the CPU, it surely isn't the motherboard, RAM, or 1080. I'm running a Ryzen 5 1600 and the rest of my system is on my forum profile.

I've added a wifi adapter, bluetooth adapter, and and an rgb fan to my build from stock with gigabyte software for the rgb and stock stuff for the other two. There are no other unusual pieces of hardware. The RAM works at 3000 MHz from BIOS, I don't run afterburner in the background, and I use Discord in the background on top of other gaming launchers. I've also adjusted Windows' power settings to high performance and I sometimes play games with iTunes in the background. It seems to cause issues more frequently, but I don't know why that would be.

Any general tips for optimizing Ryzen past what I've done? What about for some of the games mentioned? Any other helpful tips besides reinstalling Windows?

Additionally, I've already run a memory diagnostic test and my Windows edition is running off of a new SSD from about 5 months ago. Thanks for any feedback.

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel0249 said:

From Signal from Tarkov to Rainbow Six Siege to DOOM to Destiny 2, I just seem to have random crashes from time to time. It's not every game, but it's regular enough to be annoying. I'm sure it's the CPU, it surely isn't the motherboard, RAM, or 1080. I'm running a Ryzen 5 1600 and the rest of my system is on my forum profile.

I've added a wifi adapter, bluetooth adapter, and and an rgb fan to my build from stock with gigabyte software for the rgb and stock stuff for the other two. There are no other unusual pieces of hardware. The RAM works at 3000 MHz from BIOS, I don't run afterburner in the background, and I use Discord in the background on top of other gaming launchers. I've also adjusted Windows' power settings to high performance and I sometimes play games with iTunes in the background. It seems to cause issues more frequently, but I don't know why that would be.

Any general tips for optimizing Ryzen past what I've done? What about for some of the games mentioned? Any other helpful tips besides reinstalling Windows?

Additionally, I've already run a memory diagnostic test and my Windows edition is running off of a new SSD from about 5 months ago. Thanks for any feedback.

I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure Ryzen 1000 doesn't like memory above 2666 and running memory that fast can cause instability. This has been fixed on Ryzen 2000.

Try setting the ram to 2666 and see if it helps.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

doesn't like memory above 2666

I had heard the opposite, in that the higher speed the better up to 3200. I'll try that, though. That's interesting that you mention that, because some of my BSODs have been memory related errors, yet my memory is brand new g.skill Ripjaws dimms.

6 minutes ago, redsquirrel0249 said:

I had heard the opposite, in that the higher speed the better up to 3200. I'll try that, though. That's interesting that you mention that, because some of my BSODs have been memory related errors, yet my memory is brand new g.skill Ripjaws dimms.

It's more than possible I'm wrong but I remember reading somewhere that Ryzen one doesn't like fast memory.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

On 1/1/2019 at 5:10 PM, Master Disaster said:

It's more than possible I'm wrong but I remember reading somewhere that Ryzen one doesn't like fast memory.

Well I double checked the specs from AMD and the 1600 definitely sits on 2666MHz. Great recommendation, you fixed a lot of my stability problems. That list wasn't out when I got my processor I don't think, or maybe I missed it