Will this Ram work with the ryzen 2600?

Go to solution Solved by Sprawlie,

I can see no reason why you cannot use that RAM with that setup.

Hello, I'm wondering if the G skill Aegis 3000 megahertz Ram will work with the ryzen 5 2600. I'm going to be upgrading my old FX series processor with it soon and I'm getting an ASRock B450 pro 4. This is the highest clocked Ram that is available within my budget and I would like to know if it would work, everything I've seen so far shows that it would however no harm in double-checking. ( all I want to know is if it will work... I'm planning to get everything off Newegg in one go all with 2-year protection plans, so if you say "well look on 'website name' and you can find different Ram" thanks but no thanks I would like to have everything from the same place, as it will make possible returns easier.)(( also kind of dead set on my motherboard so I don't want any suggestions on that either)) I have already asked this question on other sites and it has just spiraled into a debate on whether or not I should get a different motherboard or different Ram and no one takes into account the fact that this build right now barely fits my budget, so if possible can we avoid that? All I want to know is if it will work or not. Thank you.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

Just now, Sprawlie said:

That's what I was thinking, but I had heard that ryzen was somewhat picky with ram. Like I said before though no harm in double-checking thank you

Just now, xXfunn105Xx said:

That's what I was thinking, but I had heard that ryzen was somewhat picky with ram. Like I said before though no harm in double-checking thank you

I haven't heard any issues about compatibility with RAM. However Ryzen scales better with faster RAM. 

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

2 minutes ago, Sprawlie said:

I haven't heard any issues about compatibility with RAM. However Ryzen scales better with faster RAM. 

Yeah I've heard that ryzen scales better with higher speed Ram that's why I wanted to get this 3000 megahertz instead of the 2400 megahertz version. ( for some reason the 3000 is also cheaper than the 2400 lol) but for the reviews on some Ram on NewEgg people were complaining about how picky ryzen was being with it luckily as you put it, it seems not to be an issue anymore

5 minutes ago, xXfunn105Xx said:

Yeah I've heard that ryzen scales better with higher speed Ram that's why I wanted to get this 3000 megahertz instead of the 2400 megahertz version. ( for some reason the 3000 is also cheaper than the 2400 lol) but for the reviews on some Ram on NewEgg people were complaining about how picky ryzen was being with it luckily as you put it, it seems not to be an issue anymore

I'm not sure it's Ryzen that's picky or the chipsets. I have RAM that advertised it was AMD compatible, and while I was on my old motherboard, even though it claimed to support the faster 3200MHZ speed, it just would not boot no matter what. 

migrated CPU to a new motherboard and I hit the 3200mhz perfectly on the same CPU. this is likely a lot of the issue that people ran into as early boards themselves were just having problems hitting the faster profiles. You still may run into a few of these compatibility issues but given you are moving to a B450 board, which is failry new, hopefully yo'll have no problems with setting the correct speeds and profile.

2 minutes ago, Sprawlie said:

I'm not sure it's Ryzen that's picky or the chipsets. I have RAM that advertised it was AMD compatible, and while I was on my old motherboard, even though it claimed to support the faster 3200MHZ speed, it just would not boot no matter what. 

migrated CPU to a new motherboard and I hit the 3200mhz perfectly on the same CPU. this is likely a lot of the issue that people ran into as early boards themselves were just having problems hitting the faster profiles. You still may run into a few of these compatibility issues but given you are moving to a B450 board, which is failry new, hopefully yo'll have no problems with setting the correct speeds and profile.

That's what I'm hoping, I'm really excited though because of how much of an improvement it is over my fx-8120. This thing can barely hold 3.1 gigahertz. I have managed to push it a little further but I think I might have gotten a really bad CPU. Regardless, because of how cheap it is to upgrade to ryzen instead of Intel I was able to sneak in an SSD so I'm quite excited