Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first Build

Thenelwave
 Share

I'm building my first PC and it will by primarily used for Gaming. I will start by saying everything

I learned about these builds I learned in the past couple of days so sorry if my questions are silly.

 

So far these are the parts I ordered.

 

AMD Ryzen 2700x

Asus Prime X470-Pro

Msi Ventus Geforce RTX 2080

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb DDR4 3200MHz Memory

EVGA Supernova 750 G3 80 Plus Gold

970 Evo NVME M.2 500 GB

Barracuda 3.5" Internal Drive 2TB

I also have 6 Corsair LL120 RGB Fans

This is the Win 101 ATX Mid Tower I ordered from Amazon arriving in two days

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721TZFDR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

Few questions

 

1. Will I be ok sticking with the cooler that comes stocked with my AMD Ryzen 2700x ? (The Wraith Prism Cooler) or should I Get another air CPU cooler like the Gammax GT? Or should I jump ship and invest in a water cooler like the Corsair Hydro Series H100i?

https://www.amazon.com/Radiator-Advanced-Lighting-Software-compatible/dp/B07BWNWQKJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546238465&sr=1-1&keywords=Corsair+water+cooler

 

2. I noticed the Water Cooler comes with two fans, does that mean if I decide to go with the H100i I can return two of the LL120 RGB Fans I ordered? Keep 4 and the 2 that come with the cooler to complete 6?

 

3. Will I need any additional equipment to make the lights and LED work? I purchased a 3 pack LL120 and then 3 individual LL120's. If I chose the Corsair Water Cooler will I need to buy something else to connect it to?

 

4. Will the case I picked out will be able to fit a water cooler or even this whole build I picked out? With or with our the water cooler.

 

5. I might have a friend help me put this together, he mentioned that it's probably better I go with the EVGA Supernova 750 GQ instead of the G3 because it comes with a wire already plugged in which will make things simpler? I couldn't make much sense out of what he meant so if anyone can tell me the benefit of keeping the G3 or if I should just save the $10 and go back to GQ?

 

Sorry for these dummy questions but I ordered everything except the water cooler since AMD Ryzen comes with the wraith prism and now I'm debating if I should make the switch. Someone please help me out here I would really appreciate it.

 

 

 

Edited by Thenelwave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The wraith prism is a pretty good cooler I have not had any issues with it. The only negative is that it can get quite loud. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any budget for the whole build?? Only gaming or any editing or rendering??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

5. I might have a friend help me put this together, he mentioned that it's probably better I go with the EVGA Supernova 750 GQ instead of the G3 because it comes with a wire already plugged in which will make things simpler? I couldn't make much sense out of what he meant so if anyone can tell me the benefit of keeping the G3 or if I should just save the $10 and go back to GQ?

No, go for the G3 (or G2 if you can afford it). Non-modular/semi-modular power supplies (the ones with the wires already in them) are a complete nightmare..

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Cigano said:

The wraith prism is a pretty good cooler I have not had any issues with it. The only negative is that it can get quite loud. 

I see you mind posting your specs ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

Any budget for the whole build?? Only gaming or any editing or rendering??

Kinda, didn’t really want to break the bank. Not sure exactly where I’m at so far need to add up everything I might be around $1800 with everything I ordered so far.

 

im going to have to use the 1080p ben q I have for now and then buy a 4k or a 1440p monitor. Is it true that 1440p is better than 4k for gaming ?

 

i dont think i’ll be doing any editing, and Idk what rendering is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Thenelwave said:

I'm building my first PC and it will by primarily used for Gaming. I will start by saying everything

I learned about these builds I learned in the past couple of days so sorry if my questions are silly.

 

So far these are the parts I ordered.

 

AMD Ryzen 2700x

Asus Prime X470-Pro

Msi Ventus Geforce RTX 2080

EVGA Supernova 750 G3 80 Plus Gold

970 Evo NVME M.2 500 GB

Barracuda 3.5" Internal Drive 2TB

I also have 6 Corsair LL120 RGB Fans

This is the Win 101 ATX Mid Tower I ordered from Amazon arriving in two days

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721TZFDR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

Few questions

 

1. Will I be ok sticking with the cooler that comes stocked with my AMD Ryzen 2700x ? (The Wraith Prism Cooler) or should I Get another air CPU cooler like the Gammax GT? Or should I jump ship and invest in a water cooler like the Corsair Hydro Series H100i?

https://www.amazon.com/Radiator-Advanced-Lighting-Software-compatible/dp/B07BWNWQKJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546238465&sr=1-1&keywords=Corsair+water+cooler

 

2. I noticed the Water Cooler comes with two fans, does that mean if I decide to go with the H100i I can return two of the LL120 RGB Fans I ordered? Keep 4 and the 2 that come with the cooler to complete 6?

 

3. Will I need any additional equipment to make the lights and LED work? I purchased a 3 pack LL120 and then 3 individual LL120's. If I chose the Corsair Water Cooler will I need to buy something else to connect it to?

 

4. Will the case I picked out will be able to fit a water cooler or even this whole build I picked out? With or with our the water cooler.

 

5. I might have a friend help me put this together, he mentioned that it's probably better I go with the EVGA Supernova 750 GQ instead of the G3 because it comes with a wire already plugged in which will make things simpler? I couldn't make much sense out of what he meant so if anyone can tell me the benefit of keeping the G3 or if I should just save the $10 and go back to GQ?

 

Sorry for these dummy questions but I ordered everything except the water cooler since AMD Ryzen comes with the wraith prism and now I'm debating if I should make the switch. Someone please help me out here I would really appreciate it.

 

 

 

1. Yes, but it will remain at high-ish temperature under load (around 80C) which is a little too high for some people. If you are not going to overclock something like a Cryorig H7 is sufficient

 

2. Yes, you can also use the LL120s on the water cooler as they are decent fans for a radiator.

 

3. You would need to buy a Corsair RGB LED Hub to sync lighting with the fans and the water block, if you don't want to sync the waterblock lighting you can connect the 6 fans to the led hub that comes with the 3 pack, then connect the waterblock seperately to an RGB header on your motherboard.

 

4. Yes

 

5. No, power supplies that are non-modular(the wire is already plugged in) are a nightmare to build with, please stick with one that's modular(with the wire not plugged into the power supply). You can head over to the Power Supplies sub-forum on this website, and there should be a pinned thread called PSU tier list or something. You can refer to that for the power supplies you should be getting(I stick to tier 1 for higher end builds, and tiers 2-3 for midrange-low end builds. You should stick with a tier 1)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Thenelwave said:

Kinda, didn’t really want to break the bank. Not sure exactly where I’m at so far need to add up everything I might be around $1800 with everything I ordered so far.

 

im going to have to use the 1080p ben q I have for now and then buy a 4k or a 1440p monitor. Is it true that 1440p is better than 4k for gaming ?

 

i dont think i’ll be doing any editing, and Idk what rendering is.

Depends, with a RTX 2080, you should be able to chow through 4K titles.

4K is higher resolution which mean clearer images but less frame rate. 1440p is a good balance providing better resolution than 1080p but also better frame rate than 4K at the same time. Its a good balance but it depends on the games you play. Racing games don't require high frame rates so 4K will be a good option if you get at least 60 fps. Whereas in FPS shooters like call of duty, battlefield higher frame rates are useful in multiplayer enabling a smoother experience but beyond a certain point its not wroth it. Its best to see what you prefer by tweaking settings to suit your preference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

1. Yes, but it will remain at high-ish temperature under load (around 80C) which is a little too high for some people. If you are not going to overclock something like a Cryorig H7 is sufficient

 

2. Yes, you can also use the LL120s on the water cooler as they are decent fans for a radiator.

 

3. You would need to buy a Corsair RGB LED Hub to sync lighting with the fans and the water block, if you don't want to sync the waterblock lighting you can connect the 6 fans to the led hub that comes with the 3 pack, then connect the waterblock seperately to an RGB header on your motherboard.

 

4. Yes

 

5. No, power supplies that are non-modular(the wire is already plugged in) are a nightmare to build with, please stick with one that's modular(with the wire not plugged into the power supply). You can head over to the Power Supplies sub-forum on this website, and there should be a pinned thread called PSU tier list or something. You can refer to that for the power supplies you should be getting(I stick to tier 1 for higher end builds, and tiers 2-3 for midrange-low end builds. You should stick with a tier 1)

Thank you for the detailed reply, really appreciate the advice.

 

2. I was thinking maybe save some money bt returning two of them $25 a piece.

 

3. Are you sure the LED Hub doesn’t already come with the 3 Pack I purchased ? I could have sworn it came with the hub/node or are you saying I need to purchase an additional item now to do what your saying?

 

5. Why are they a nightmare to build with ? Just want to learn for my own knowledge.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Thenelwave said:

Thank you for the detailed reply, really appreciate the advice.

 

2. I was thinking maybe save some money bt returning two of them $25 a piece.

 

3. Are you sure the LED Hub doesn’t already come with the 3 Pack I purchased ? I could have sworn it came with the hub/node or are you saying I need to purchase an additional item now to do what your saying?

 

5. Why are they a nightmare to build with ? Just want to learn for my own knowledge.

 

 

2. Returning them would be fine, then you would have space on the LED Hub to fit your CPU block. Note that it wouldn't look as nice though.

 

3. It comes with the LED Hub and a Lighting Node Pro. The LED Hub is only able to connect 6 Corsair RGB parts, be it a fan or CPU block. The Lighting Node Pro has connections for 2 LED Hubs. If you wanted to connect the CPU block, it would have been 6 fans and 1 CPU block which adds up to 7, so one part wouldn't be able to be connected to the led hub and be synced to the lighting of the rest, which means if you wanted to sync the lighting on everything you would have to purchase another LED Hub. If you don't mind though, you could connect the CPU block to the motherboard's RGB header but you would have to control it's RGB seperately through your motherboard's software.(Assuming you are still going for 6 RGB fans)

 

5. The cables are stiffer than if it came seperately(from my own experience), cable management becomes more complicated since you would have spare cables you're not going to use, you can't upgrade to custom sleeved cables which look nicer etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, _d0nut said:

5. No, power supplies that are non-modular(the wire is already plugged in) are a nightmare to build with, please stick with one that's modular(with the wire not plugged into the power supply). You can head over to the Power Supplies sub-forum on this website, and there should be a pinned thread called PSU tier list or something. You can refer to that for the power supplies you should be getting(I stick to tier 1 for higher end builds, and tiers 2-3 for midrange-low end builds. You should stick with a tier 1)

the 750w GQ only has one 24-pin connector that is fixed, how is that supposed to make cable management a nightmare again?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

the 750w GQ only has one 24-pin connector that is fixed, how is that supposed to make cable management a nightmare again?

From my own experience, the cables that come fixed are much stiffer to work with(I just assumed this was a constant amongst non/semi modular PSUs).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Thenelwave said:

I'm building my first PC and it will by primarily used for Gaming. I will start by saying everything

I learned about these builds I learned in the past couple of days so sorry if my questions are silly.

 

So far these are the parts I ordered.

 

AMD Ryzen 2700x

Asus Prime X470-Pro

Msi Ventus Geforce RTX 2080

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb DDR4 3200MHz Memory

EVGA Supernova 750 G3 80 Plus Gold

970 Evo NVME M.2 500 GB

Barracuda 3.5" Internal Drive 2TB

I also have 6 Corsair LL120 RGB Fans

This is the Win 101 ATX Mid Tower I ordered from Amazon arriving in two days

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721TZFDR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

Few questions

 

1. Will I be ok sticking with the cooler that comes stocked with my AMD Ryzen 2700x ? (The Wraith Prism Cooler) or should I Get another air CPU cooler like the Gammax GT? Or should I jump ship and invest in a water cooler like the Corsair Hydro Series H100i?

https://www.amazon.com/Radiator-Advanced-Lighting-Software-compatible/dp/B07BWNWQKJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546238465&sr=1-1&keywords=Corsair+water+cooler

 

2. I noticed the Water Cooler comes with two fans, does that mean if I decide to go with the H100i I can return two of the LL120 RGB Fans I ordered? Keep 4 and the 2 that come with the cooler to complete 6?

 

3. Will I need any additional equipment to make the lights and LED work? I purchased a 3 pack LL120 and then 3 individual LL120's. If I chose the Corsair Water Cooler will I need to buy something else to connect it to?

 

4. Will the case I picked out will be able to fit a water cooler or even this whole build I picked out? With or with our the water cooler.

 

5. I might have a friend help me put this together, he mentioned that it's probably better I go with the EVGA Supernova 750 GQ instead of the G3 because it comes with a wire already plugged in which will make things simpler? I couldn't make much sense out of what he meant so if anyone can tell me the benefit of keeping the G3 or if I should just save the $10 and go back to GQ?

 

Sorry for these dummy questions but I ordered everything except the water cooler since AMD Ryzen comes with the wraith prism and now I'm debating if I should make the switch. Someone please help me out here I would really appreciate it.

 

 

 

For the same price in USD you can get a better motherboard. ASrock or MSI. Even the Asus x470 strix is better than this. mobo.

 

I would also suggest not getting a white case. Also, maybe get a case that has airflow through the top as well (since heat rises). I would recommend spending $20-$30 dollars and get the fractal design meshifiy C.The meshify is an excellent case with airflow through the top, bottom, front and back of the case. There are panels you can even slide off to clean them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

I would also suggest not getting a white case.

Can I ask why?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Can I ask why?

 

Same reason i do not wear white t shirts. They get dirty very easily and if you are not a clean freak then i'd suggest not getting one. Especially if you eat or drink near your PC. It is all personal opinion though.

 

Plus the meshify C i posted above has way way better airflow for $20 to $30 more than that case he is getting. Plus meshifiy is easier to clean, the top, front, bottom and side panels come off for easy cleaning. Cable management in this thing is legit, i am doing my 2nd pc build in this thing and its like an angel came down from heaven and morphed into a case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Same reason i do not wear white t shirts. They get dirty very easily and if you are not a clean freak then i'd suggest not getting one. Especially if you eat or drink near your PC. It is all personal opinion though.

  

Plus the meshify C i posted above has way way better airflow for $20 to $30 more than that case he is getting. Plus meshifiy is easier to clean, the top, front, bottom and side panels come off for easy cleaning.

I mean, OP could just like the look of the case, since everyone has their own tastes. Maybe he doesn't mind sacrificing some airflow performance for looks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, _d0nut said:

I mean, OP could just like the look of the case, since everyone has their own tastes. Maybe he doesn't mind sacrificing some airflow performance for looks?

Like i said above it is all personal taste. The meshify C has good airflow, easy cleaning, good cable management and looks cool all in one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, PurplDrank said:

Like i said above it is all personal taste. The meshify C has good airflow, easy cleaning, good cable management and looks cool all in one.

How was cleaning the mesh part in the front? I'm considering it for my friend's build.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

How was cleaning the mesh part in the front? I'm considering it for my friend's build.

The top, front and bottom fan filters just come right off. The bottom is my favorite, it is just a little tray that slides right out from the bottom of the pc.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

For the same price in USD you can get a better motherboard. ASrock or MSI. Even the Asus x470 strix is better than this. mobo.

The motherboard I got game with the CPU bundled for $402 all together.

 

34 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

 

I would also suggest not getting a white case. Also, maybe get a case that has airflow through the top as well (since heat rises). I would recommend spending $20-$30 dollars and get the fractal design meshifiy C.The meshify is an excellent case with airflow through the top, bottom, front and back of the case. There are panels you can even slide off to clean them.

I really think the white one I have looks way sexier/ sleeker than the one you have here. As far as airflow it will have 6 fans, and if also has a lot of great reviews on amazon along with pictures. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Thenelwave said:

The motherboard I got game with the CPU bundled for $402 all together.

 

I really think the white one I have looks way sexier/ sleeker than the one you have here. As far as airflow it will have 6 fans, and if also has a lot of great reviews on amazon along with pictures. 

Are you using microcenter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Are you using microcenter?

& actually if you go on r/AMD there are people sayinf the strix is not better than the motherboard I have. A specific user states his girlfriend has the pro and he has the strix and she is getting better temp, benchmark, rendering. Also seen other issues about the strix in the same post

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8ttsba/asus_prime_x470pro_vs_asus_rog_strix_x470f_gaming/

 

Yes I am using microcenter, why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Thenelwave said:

& actually if you go on r/AMD there are people sayinf the strix is not better than the motherboard I have. A specific user states his girlfriend has the pro and he has the strix and she is getting better temp, benchmark, rendering. Also seen other issues about the strix in the same post

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8ttsba/asus_prime_x470pro_vs_asus_rog_strix_x470f_gaming/

 

Yes I am using microcenter, why?

get one of these and wait a couple weeks for the ryzen 3000's.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/5001844/amd-ryzen-5-2600x-with-wraith-spire-cooler,-asrock-x470-taichi-cpu-motherboard-bundle

 

or

 

https://www.microcenter.com/product/5001838/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-with-wraith-prism-cooler,-asrock-x470-gaming-k4-cpu-motherboard-bundle

 

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=asus+x470+vs+asrock+x470&pcmp=f

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Just because AMD is announcing Ryzen 3000 at CES, doesn't mean they will release products within that time period. Zen+ was announced in February but the products were released in April. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Just because AMD is announcing Ryzen 3000 at CES, doesn't mean they will release products within that time period. Zen+ was announced in February but the products were released in April. 

CES 2019 January 8th-11th.

 

march/april is 3-4 months. i'd define that as a short time, that time will fly by in no time. Still let the og poster save his money on the cpu and wait for the better ones (if they are better).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×