Unable to Select Boot Priority

dpopp783
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

You only have uefi mode on(like you should) This will make it so that it only shows drives with a valid uefi boot loader. Blank drives won't show up here. Boot from the usb and install your os(you may need to disable secure boot) and then you can boot form the ssd just fine. The os doesn't show it as it doesn't have a bootloader.

I built my first PC yesterday! (Woot)

But now that I’m trying to set it up I’m facing an issue: I can’t select a drive in the boot priority menu in BIOS.

The drives (ssd and hdd) are both recognized and show up in other parts of BIOS, but neither show up as an option for booting. Only my bootable USB shows up in boot priority, and if I remove that, then nothing.

Information that might be useful:

Thanks for any help!

C61907A1-CB28-4A4E-A0FB-F1F2FEB02AFF.jpeg

C3B1476A-A7A7-4D7D-B931-A3B96A71D146.jpeg

5A89A303-C84F-4AE6-A7CB-BF242F851241.jpeg

9F5683F2-A105-4F71-840C-4A35959FBBBE.jpeg

F7DB60B2-1BAA-4330-82C6-29DC8E43F709.jpeg

You only have uefi mode on(like you should) This will make it so that it only shows drives with a valid uefi boot loader. Blank drives won't show up here. Boot from the usb and install your os(you may need to disable secure boot) and then you can boot form the ssd just fine. The os doesn't show it as it doesn't have a bootloader.

It sounds like booting to HDD's or booting to SATA may be disabled. I'm not familiar with this exact BIOS so I'm not sure how much I can help. Boot Option Priorities may offer some options to select an HDD/SSD for boot.

The Advanced menu may also show up SATA controls and if they're set to something they're not suppose to be.

EDIT: Well scratch that Electronics Wizardy's got it.