No audio from capture card

Sealance

I'm having issues with my streaming pc. I ran windows 7 earlier which worked fine with video and audio capture from my gaming pc, but when I switched to a newer pc and windows 10 pro N, I just can't get audio captured over hdmi.

Countless tutorials on youtube show the stereo mixer procedure, but the capture card isn't listed as an audio device. Video works fine though. 

I've tested the Avermedia Live Gamer HD, Extremecap U3 and Live Gamer Extreme. Using the Intel QSV encoder for video.

Streaming pc is an:

i7 4770k

16Gb ram

Nvidia Quadro 600

Avermedia Live Gamer Extreme USB3

Avermedia Extremecap U3 USB3

Avermedia Live Gamer HD PCI-E

blobb.jpg

A temporary solution has been to connect a 3.5mm cable to line in on the streaming pc as aux in on the capture card wouldnt work either.

*sigh*

In my experience using the Line Out to Line In between PCs offers better quality than using the HDMI audio but this probably depends on the audio.

Originally when I tried getting HDMI audio working on my capture card (AVerMedia GC550) I had to change a setting inside the GPU software which was strange because I never had to do it on other Windows 10 installs.

How are your display cables setup? Are you mirroring your display or are you doing videocard > capture card > monitor?

-KuJoe

I might be getting some desync between video and audio but that can be corrected in obs/slobs

Since my monitor is 1440p i have to use obs for a fullscreen projection to the capture card which windows sees as a 1920x1080 monitor. I might get one of those avermedia 4k pcie cards later but right now i just use what i have. I don't have any monitor attached to the out port of the gc550.