Ps2 emulator question

Quintavious V

Is this the right area to post this) Anyway, i got my hands on a ps2 emulator and im very happy but i want the experience to be very authentic, i have a 768p tv and its very clear but i want to reduce the quality, not just the resolution to match that of an old CRT TV, i also wanna make the audio worse, Anomaly, a youtube who plays Counter Strike played CS on the original xbox and reduced the quality of the color of the Vid,, resolution and audio quality, i cant find the vid anymore but whatever he did is the same of what i wanna do.

Thank you!

Just buy a CRT monitor

EDIT: also you could look into filters, but you are not going to get the authentic feel without a CRT

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

30 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

Just use the default normal internal resolution and your set, i suppose your talking about PCSX2 right? What are your system specs btw before making any more suggestions? 

PS: you can also toggle scanlines or crt dots effect with "f7".

Yeah, PCSX2, Specs 

I7 8750H

Gtx 1060 6G (mobile)

8 GB DDR4 2400 mhz

1 hour ago, Strike105X said:

Okay your on an nvidia gpu, make sure in gsdx to use the opengl render, be it either hardware accelerated or not, for a more autenthic feel you could try the gsdx software opengl render (asign an extra 2-3 threads/cores to it in the gsdx settings), that should output the closest to the same visuals a ps2 would. For audio i suggest to leave it on default.

Im confused, ill add a pic, what do i change?

15461258493121699604359.jpg

3 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Why do you want to make the audio worse?

Well, in any case, just set the interpolation in the audio settings to one of the settings lower than 4 if you want to make it sound worse.

I dont wanna be all annoying but back then my and my friend used to play RE4 on his PS2 on a crappy CRT TV and the audio was horrible, but it was the memories we had that made the crappy audio amazing, and that is why i wanna make it worse

21 hours ago, Strike105X said:

No, not there, in the main pcsx2 window go to: Config =>Plugin/BIOS a window similar to this should open: 

pcsx2-install5.png

At the first GS selection click in the right of it on configure and select at the render opengl software and proceed to do what i said previously.

The spu is the one that handles the audio, i dont suggest messing with the settings, but maybe you could get the results you wanted by using the winamp dsp feature, winamp dsp plugins like enhancer can warp sound, but you'll have to figure it out on yourself as i never used that and now i have no access to my pc for a few days (im on phone).

Ah, thank you!

O, what have you been smoking?

Stuff something into your ears. Use ahir spray to make your eyes water. WHY do you even want this inferior exerience?!?

Get a Japanese "ageing suit" if you want to feel like an old man (or like yours truly)? 

Go to Vietnam for a massage technique where they make you bleed under the skin. It shocked me and was quite painful. But as a masochist, this might be something you might want?

3_1_2.jpg

People basically give CRTs away on craigslist, offerup, letgo, etc and PS2 are easy to find for $20 and can be hacked with a Free McBoot memory card. Why not just go the authentic route if you want to play PS2? PS2 looks surprisingly good on a CRT still.

13 hours ago, kf6vci said:

O, what have you been smoking?

Stuff something into your ears. Use ahir spray to make your eyes water. WHY do you even want this inferior exerience?!?

Get a Japanese "ageing suit" if you want to feel like an old man (or like yours truly)? 

Go to Vietnam for a massage technique where they make you bleed under the skin. It shocked me and was quite painful. But as a masochist, this might be something you might want?

3_1_2.jpg

habibi what is this shit getcho shit outta here

13 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

People basically give CRTs away on craigslist, offerup, letgo, etc and PS2 are easy to find for $20 and can be hacked with a Free McBoot memory card. Why not just go the authentic route if you want to play PS2? PS2 looks surprisingly good on a CRT still.

yeah but i dont feel like spending money, thanks anyway!