Amazon Advise

Hi All,

So I ordered a product from Amazon Prime and it was not delivered the next day so I got a refund. A week later the item (it weighs over 25KG) arrived and my housemate signed for it. I contacted Amazon the same day and they said either take it to a Post Office myself or pay upfront for a courier to return it (either way I lose part of the day waiting around). Its not my fault it still got delivered, if I was in I would of rejected it. 

Anyone know what to do, every support person says the same and for a company like Amazon this seems ridiculous. As far as im concerned it's not my problem as I have a full refund!!

Any help/advise?

1 minute ago, OnyxArmos said:

Since you told them, you should definitely send it back 

Yes I'm honest (seems like it was a bad decision now) but why should I make that effort when it's not my fault?

4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

you might get your account or card banned from returning future purchases. if they ask for it back maybe do go return it.

They can go ahead! I won't be using Amazon after this that's for sure.

So... You got extremely impatient, decided you wanted a full refund the very next day because it wasn't delivered yet and now you're blaming them because it did get delivered in the end? You do realize how insane this sound, right?

Didn't you have any tracking info to know it was still coming? Did you just assume it was lost after 1 day and requested a refund? (Because last I checked, Amazon doesn't just automatically refund you if a package doesn't arrive in the specified time without any input on your part, they certainly never did for me)

What do you mean "either way I lose part of the day waiting around" ? You will be waiting at most 5 to 10 minutes if there's a line. Just go early in the morning at opening time or like an hour before closure, there won't be any line.

Just try asking Amazon to arrange for a carrier to pick it up because you're unable to go to the post office yourself. If they really want it back, they will. They are also responsible for the return shipping cost.

Oh and, yes, while it's not your fault because you're not the one who accepted the package, it's still your responsibility, as you should've told your housemate about it to make sure that if it does end up arriving and you're not home, that they refuse it.

You are not protected by the "unordered merchandise" here, because you did order it, it just arrived "late". Meaning keeping it constitute theft and depending on the value of the item, could lead to a world of litigation.

You sound like you're just trying to find excuses to not send it back.

In any case, patience is a virtue. You should learn it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If you're honest and you still need it, just try to get in contact with them so you can pay it again and call it a day.

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

So... You got extremely impatient

No, I pay for Amazon Prime therefore I have a contract with them for next day delivery. 

I PAY for this. 

The item is 25KG, I physically cannot get it to the Post Office and Amazon will not arrange collection for it themselves.

26 minutes ago, Pearsonia said:

No, I pay for Amazon Prime therefore I have a contract with them for next day delivery. 

I PAY for this. 

You also have to understand that, this is the holiday period. People have days off and reduced hours in this time of year.
And no, you don't have a "contract" that says they are obligated to refund you if they miss next day delivery. At most it says they will refund you the shipping cost, give you a free month of Prime or some gift card. Sometimes they let you keep the item and do refund you, but this mainly applies to items that are cheaply priced.

I don't know where you think you've seen that have to refund you for the full amount paid if they miss the one days delivery just because you "pay" for it. Your measly 13$ a month is NOTHING compared to the cost of shipping, the salaries of the employees who have to pack your item and deliver it to you, etc.

(Just that 25kg item you've ordered would've cost over $50 in shipping cost with any other carrier)

So yes, you're impatient and you're just looking for excuses to keep the item. Next time, if you don't want to be criticized, don't share to the world that you plan to commit theft by keeping a package that was delivered late after having it refunded on the very next day because you're too lazy to return it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You also have to understand that, this is the holiday period. People have days off and reduced hours in this time of year.
And no, you don't have a "contract" that says they are obligated to refund you if they miss next day delivery. At most it says they will refund you the shipping cost, give you a free month of Prime or some gift card. Sometimes they let you keep the item and do refund you, but this mainly applies to items that are cheaply priced.

I don't know where you think you've seen that have to refund you for the full amount paid if they miss the one days delivery just because you "pay" for it. Your measly 13$ a month is NOTHING compared to the cost of shipping, the salaries of the employees who have to pack your item and deliver it to you, etc.

(Just that 25kg item you've ordered would've cost over $50 in shipping cost with any other carrier)

So yes, you're impatient and you're just looking for excuses to keep the item. Next time, if you don't want to be criticized, don't share to the world that you plan to commit theft by keeping a package that was delivered late after having it refunded on the very next day because you're too lazy to return it.

If I wanted to keep the item I would not of told them. Furthermore it is not my fault if there is a lack of resource, in that case they should not offer next day Prime delivery. 

I never said I have a contract that states they have to refund me, only that next day delivery is required.

Just to be clear I'm not impatient and was very understanding of the situation with their support at the time of the item being late.

Thanks for the input, that's why I posted, I want advise/opinions.

10 minutes ago, Pearsonia said:

If I wanted to keep the item I would not of told them. Furthermore it is not my fault if there is a lack of resource, in that case they should not offer next day Prime delivery. 

I never said I have a contract that states they have to refund me, only that next day delivery is required.

Just to be clear I'm not impatient and was very understanding of the situation with their support at the time of the item being late.

Thanks for the input, that's why I posted, I want advise/opinions.

If you live in the United States, everyone (hell, I heard it on the god damn news) was saying WHEN items would be delivered, if before Christmas. If you ordered your item after December 20th via Amazon Prime, then it wasn't coming before Christmas and was likely arriving about a week later.

Prime doesn't guarantee two-day shipping on everything, but they'll guarantee that it's free and they'll guarantee that they'll get it as quickly as they realistically can be.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

If you live in the United States, everyone (hell, I heard it on the god damn news) was saying WHEN items would be delivered, if before Christmas. If you ordered your item after December 20th via Amazon Prime, then it wasn't coming before Christmas and was likely arriving about a week later.

Prime doesn't guarantee two-day shipping on everything, but they'll guarantee that it's free and they'll guarantee that they'll get it as quickly as they realistically can be.

I'm EU based and on the order page it states 'guaranteed 1 day delivery'. 

• 2 weeks later...