Rebates from newegg advice

Paul Rudd

I don't have a printer so do I have to go to the library to handle these things(sorry a question mark isn't here, my shift key won't capitalize certain keys for some reason)

Do I have to pay for the postage(again, no question mark)

Is there no way to just do these things online(again...) They're obviously just making people jump through hoops.

Hello A Random Dude,

The rebates are provided by the manufacturer as an incentive to purchase their items. You would need to follow their instructions in order to qualify for the rebate. You would first need to pre-register online. Once registered you will need to print out the rebate form and attach all original documents. This means cutting out the UPC as well. I would advise making copies of everything you submit for your records. You will also need to mail the rebate form and requested documentation to the manufacturer as well as pay for postage. I hope this information was helpful. 

Kindly,

Rudy[Newegg Support]

13 minutes ago, Newegg_Support said:

You would first need to pre-register online.

What does this mean? Pre-register where or with who?

14 minutes ago, Newegg_Support said:

This means cutting out the UPC as well.

If I cut out the UPC, does this void me being able to RMA it if it arrives broken or if something fails over time?

Hello A Random Dude,

Removing the UPC will void the return policy. But you will still be able to reach out to the manufacturer for warranty assistance in the case of a malfunction.  I would advise for you to make sure to test your products prior to cutting out the UPC and applying for the rebate. 

Kindly,

Rudy[Newegg Support]

48 minutes ago, Newegg_Support said:

Removing the UPC will void the return policy.

So there is the catch. I wish I knew this before buying items with rebates. I sure won't be buying items with rebates in the future. It makes no sense to void anything important. It makes more sense to do the rebates electronically online. You would think out of all the places in the world, a website devoted to new technology would be the ones actually utilizing the technology. Why on earth go through a process that requires me to wait over 2-3 months just to give me a rebate.

3 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

So there is the catch. I wish I knew this before buying items with rebates. I sure won't be buying items with rebates in the future. It makes no sense to void anything important. It makes more sense to do the rebates electronically online. You would think out of all the places in the world, a website devoted to new technology would be the ones actually utilizing the technology. Why on earth go through a process that requires me to wait over 2-3 months just to give me a rebate.

Hello A Random Dude,

I do apologize about any miscommunications regarding the rebates. As I stated previously, the rebates are offered and honored by the manufacturer as an incentive to purchase their products. We do not handle the rebates nor do we handle the distribution of funds. The return time frame for products is usually 30 days depending on the item. For issues with a product beyond the first 30 days, you would need to contact the manufacturer. Typically, most products never encounter any issues and it is safe to submit a rebate since a consumers intention is not to return the item after they have purchased it. For this reason I advised testing the product for functionality prior to submitting the rebate. I hope this was helpful. 

Kindly,

Rudy[Newegg Support]

On 12/31/2018 at 5:49 PM, Newegg_Support said:

-Snip-

The rebate is asking for a copy of a receipt. I paid online and got an Order Confirmation and an Invoice. Which is the receipt?

I'm guessing the invoice since on the invoice it says, "This is the invoice and receipt for your recent order."