1tb HDD not showing up

bigmouthbob1

So I recently inserted a new HDD turned it on and it was showing up, so I checked the connections, still not showing up. It’s showing up in BIOS but not windows. What should I do?

Have you double checked disk management in windows, sometimes they dont show up because they need to be initialized.

Check Disk management and see how many disks are showing. You might see what that states uninitialized, right click and click initialize then you can create partitions etc.

14 minutes ago, factorialandha said:

Have you double checked disk management in windows, sometimes they dont show up because they need to be initialized.

Check Disk management and see how many disks are showing. You might see what that states uninitialized, right click and click initialize then you can create partitions etc.

2120636559_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.255ff10266222fa464493248753d8704.pngthis is disk management, right?

sorry for second screen

On 12/28/2018 at 5:09 PM, bigmouthbob1 said:

2120636559_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.255ff10266222fa464493248753d8704.pngthis is disk management, right?

sorry for second screen

This is disk management

image.png.3303c1cdb26128441ab65cfe48c61c8e.png

if you right click on your start button it should be an option there. 

You will see on the screenshot above you might have Disk 1 and instead of it saying online it will say offline / uninitialized.

right click on it and then click initialize then you can create a partition out of the empty space and format it.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:34 AM, factorialandha said:

This is disk management

image.png.3303c1cdb26128441ab65cfe48c61c8e.png

if you right click on your start button it should be an option there. 

You will see on the screenshot above you might have Disk 1 and instead of it saying online it will say offline / uninitialized.

right click on it and then click initialize then you can create a partition out of the empty space and format it.

Thanks, I got it