Motherboard short circuiting & GPU wasn't displaying

My motherboard was short circuiting because the USB was faulty. Fixed the short circuiting by pulling the USB plug from the mobo.Now the mobo is short circuiting checked the PSU,GPU and RAM and becuase of that it wont post.Before that the GPU wasnt displaying sometimes was i t because of the GPU it self or the mobo.By the way GPU when working was working perfectly.Is it worth just buying a whole motherboard because it costs about the same to replace because of shipping I dont have much time.

How do you know it's short circuiting? It could have just fried itself, IE short circuited 5V onto the 3.3V lines etc. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

which motherboard do you have? does it have warranty? i think it's the board and not the card.

Try getting it replaced if it's new.

Otherwise you MIGHT have to get a new one as your other hardware COULD get damaged :|

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

You guys have the biggest signatures I have ever seen. 

Oh, the question at hand, if all other components are ok and still no post then it looks like your motherboard may be fried.

Nothing to see here - move along.

My motherboard was short circuiting because the USB was faulty. Fixed the short circuiting by pulling the USB plug from the mobo.Now the mobo is short circuiting checked the PSU,GPU and RAM and becuase of that it wont post.Before that the GPU wasnt displaying sometimes was i t because of the GPU it self or the mobo.By the way GPU when working was working perfectly.Is it worth just buying a whole motherboard because it costs about the same to replace because of shipping I dont have much time.

i had a normal Intel motherboard and it short circuited (used to put in on a box test bench type deal) and the sound of it blew out. if the same thing happend to yours (but with GPU and not sound) get a new mobo.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

i had a normal Intel motherboard and it short circuited (used to put in on a box test bench type deal) and the sound of it blew out. if the same thing happend to yours (but with GPU and not sound) get a new mobo.

Would the GPU still work fine and CPU

which motherboard do you have? does it have warranty? i think it's the board and not the card.

Try getting it replaced if it's new.

Otherwise you MIGHT have to get a new one as your other hardware COULD get damaged :|

I have Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 and its still in warranty I think

Would the GPU still

it should. the gpu should not have gotten damaged. my speaker system didn't. it just couldn't get power onto them. try to get a new mobo and if you cant afford it. get a very cheap one. try the GPU out on it ... if it doesn't work then the GPU is fried too

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

How do you know it's short circuiting? It could have just fried itself, IE short circuited 5V onto the 3.3V lines etc. 

I got a friend who is computer tech and said it was short circuiting it may be fried though

it should. the gpu should not have gotten damaged. my speaker system didn't. it just couldn't get power onto them. try to get a new mobo and if you cant afford it. get a very cheap one. try the GPU out on it ... if it doesn't work then the GPU is fried too

Can RMA the GPU if its broken and by the way what are the symptoms if a GPU is broken and do you think the CPU is broken

Can RMA the GPU if its broken

you probably can. but the GPU should be fine. your mobo got fried nothing else. 

you probably can. but the GPU should be fine. your mobo got fried nothing else. 

CPU would be good and by the way if I got a new mobo would I have to do reinstall of Windows and do I have to update the Bios when I get a new mobo

CPU would be good and by the way if I got a new mobo would I have to do reinstall of Windows and do I have to update the Bios when I get a new mobo

i didn't update my bios and i did a clean install my self.... but no you can just connect your OS drive and it will be all good. but if you want to re install windows make sure to deactivate your licence and reactivate it on re-install. google how to deactivate windows licence (make sure you have the licence written somewhere or still have the original key)if not dont re-install you will need a new key if you will do so

i didn't update my bios and i did a clean install my self.... but no you can just connect your OS drive and it will be all good. but if you want to re install windows make sure to deactivate your licence and reactivate it on re-install. google how to deactivate windows licence (make sure you have the licence written somewhere or still have the original key)if not dont re-install you will need a new key if you will do so

If a mobo is fried would it fry a CPU plus when I was trying to turn my pc on none of the fans I didnt would on the case.Plus when tried to turn it on it beeped twice

and would still be okay if I add another HDD with the new mobo for storage and not to do anything

If a mobo is fried would it fry a CPU plus when I was trying to turn my pc on none of the fans I didnt would on the case.Plus when tried to turn it on it beeped twice

and would still be okay if I add another HDD with the new mobo for storage and not to do anything

ad as much storage drives as you want. its kind of like putting in a usb stick... the CPU wouldnt get fried and i think your mobo fucked up the entire power dristrubtion stuff for the case fans not to work. it what ever i have said doesnt work out then that means your entire PC is dead. but that is not likely