UV Blacklight

StanicEnemy
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
On 12/27/2018 at 12:04 PM, StanicEnemy said:

So if i get this one, it will light up my pc case slighty right? i dont want to light up my pc case fully because i already have 6x red led fans installed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharkoon-CCFL-Tubes-Inverter-adhesi/dp/B00EO4F2O2

If you already have LED lights in the system even from fans the UV effect will be reduced, UV lighting and reactive components want cases to be completely dark and only have the UV lighting to give it that glow effect.

For some good quality UV LED's darkside is one I would recommend. 

There is something i really want to know, will uv blacklight ccfl tube light up the pc case just slightly? i know uv light is working on uv sensitive objects.

9 minutes ago, campy said:

Most consumer tier UV lights glow slightly purple, enough to illuminate a case pretty well.

So if i get this one, it will light up my pc case slighty right? i dont want to light up my pc case fully because i already have 6x red led fans installed.

1 minute ago, StanicEnemy said:

you haven't said what case you have.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, campy said:

Just look up cold cathode pc builds from the early 2000's, they provide a slight glow in their respective color.

Most purple, some blue.

Damn, are they really that much old woah?

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

you haven't said what case you have.

https://www.aerocool.com.tw/au/chssis/ls/ls-5200

1 minute ago, StanicEnemy said:

Damn, are they really that much old woah?

https://www.aerocool.com.tw/au/chssis/ls/ls-5200

you mean the age of UV lights?

Yeah it'll light up most cases but lighting from RGB or UV is usually captured better by white, I'm sure you've seen UV lights being shined against clothing and it lights up the brighter colors. It'll still look quite nice though.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

you mean the age of UV lights?

Yeah it'll light up most cases but lighting from RGB or UV is usually captured better by white, I'm sure you've seen UV lights being shined against clothing and it lights up the brighter colors. It'll still look quite nice though.

Age of uv lights or the ccfl thing, i was going to order led strip from aliexpress and i placed my order there but then i canceled it because i couldnt trust that chinese oem led strip.

5 minutes ago, campy said:

Cold Cathode lights were most popular around 2000-2004, when a lot of high end PC parts came out that were based around being "UV reactive".

Like my power supply:

xconnect2.jpg.0c5056f59b3570721506a194852d5300.jpg

Wow i didnt know that although im 29 years old lol.

Just now, campy said:

Ive had some bad experience with those, they tend to burn over time. Had one with a rubberized coating that turned brown due to heat, another without it where the leds themselves showed signs of burning.

I see, i will avoid it then.I am afraid of led strip will burn up my hdd.I had a psu that had no brand name on it like psu that came with pc case, i just tried to install two led red fans to my pc case boom! it just burnt up my hdd and ssd thats why im so scared of it but then i bought a new psu from seasonic and never happened it again.

On 12/27/2018 at 12:04 PM, StanicEnemy said:

If you already have LED lights in the system even from fans the UV effect will be reduced, UV lighting and reactive components want cases to be completely dark and only have the UV lighting to give it that glow effect.

On 12/29/2018 at 12:58 AM, W-L said:

Thanks a lot man.What color led strip would you recommend for my pc case? Sorry for my horrible camera.

P-20181211-033059-LL.jpg

50013547.499999985_P_20181211_033117_LL.thumb.jpg.412cd098137f81f1da090bcf1d946d47.jpg

2 hours ago, StanicEnemy said:

Thanks a lot man.What color led strip would you recommend for my pc case? Sorry for my horrible camera

That's all up to your preference really, RGB is popular for it's customizability and effects.