Looking for new headphones

flare4000

well despite the mids I still haven't returned them

I haven't given them enough of a listen to really evaluate further than what I wrote. 

but now that I am on the spot I think I might like my ath ws55 better than the vmoda the ws55 is lighter on the bass but mids aren't sacrificed as much and now there is a ws55(x) refresh to the headphone making an over ear version instead of the on ear version which was my primary gripe about the ws55

but again I am shooting from the hip I still don't have a solid opinion on the crossfade lp

Woah ws55x direct from Japan is only $70-80? Man should I get one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CY157PG/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Woah ws55x direct from Japan is only $70-80? Man should I get one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CY157PG/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

my first 2 weeks with the ws55 I thought it was vastly better in every way to the ath M50 the bass was punchy the mids  the highs everything was better and more importantly it had soundstage 

as I started listening more and more the highs were a bit more fatigueing on the ws55 compared to the m50 possibly due to the aluminum enclosure used but more importantly the mids lacked the stringy airy vibratey goodness 

so for edm and rap the ws55 is way way better than the m50 for accoustic stuff the m50 is better. 

it is a good deal but also remember it is built a bit more fragile and lighter than the m50

Having owned the 77, I liked them for what they where, But the build was gross. 

yup I would never recommend them as a primary headphone they feel as substantial in had as a koss porta pro