my pc seems like it will explode

kydo

My pc is just a dell optiplex 990 (I7 version) that has been upgraded with a thermaltake 450W smart power supply, 16GB ram and an overclocked ASUS GTX 750 ti. I can run all my games on ultra settings easily with no lag at all, but when i start recording on OBS the CPU temprature goes over 80*c and my pc gets louder and louder and louder, im afraid something will happen so i immediately shut down the game and it quiets down. None of my parts are second hand. I am only 11 years old and i built it myself so i may have made an error. I hope someone with more experience can help me out. Thank You!

2 minutes ago, kydo said:

I can run all my games on ultra settings easily with no lag at all, but when i start recording on OBS the CPU temprature goes over 80*c and my pc gets louder and louder and louder, im afraid something will happen so i immediately shut down the game and it quiets down. None of my parts are second hand. I am only 11 years old and i built it myself so i may have made an error. I hope someone with more experience can help me out. Thank You!

Computer systems will get louder when their cooling systems struggle to keep the temperatures within your system maintained. The chances that there was an error in creating the system and actually having it function properly is pretty low; in the case that a system builder actually did something wrong to a large extent like not properly seating a RAM module the PC wont even boot and run properly without blue screening. Try using compressed air inside the computer to blow out the potential dust which has accumulated, changing the thermal compound installed, or even upgrading your cooling system to get the computer to be less loud and hopefully lower your system's temperatures. Are you currently using the stock cooler on the machine or a different one; have seen thermal paste quickly degrade before and a lot of dust on the cooler heat-sinks of pre-owned/used systems on the market, so I would try cleaning the dust out and then maybe changing the thermal compound before going out to buy a new cooler for your system. Hope that this information helps -      @Boomwebsearch

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

i got my parts and put them in yesterday and i cant see any dust

The Dell OptiPlex 990 only has a 2nd/3rd gen i7, which even for the 3rd gen i7, a workload of a 1080p Ultra game and recording with OBS may cause your CPU to work hard enough where it will ramp up the fan immensely in order to prevent itself from overheating. Your resolution to this issue is to either not perform those workloads, or look for a new CPU cooling solution, which may be difficult in a prebuilt like that.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

10 hours ago, kydo said:

i got my parts and put them in yesterday and i cant see any dust

You said you got your parts and put them in yesterday, I'm assuming those are just the parts you upgraded (PSU,RAM, GPU).  If the Dell Optiplex 990 has been chugging along without being dusted for all these years you should look carefully at the heatsink on your CPU.  It may not be easy to see the dust past the fan.

96785974-dust-on-computer-pc-cpu-cooler-