iPad query

TheTwist

I have no knowledge of iPads, but I have a friend who has an iPad and the battery is dead. Before they post it for me to have a look at it. What is the best way to get data off and is it doable?

Can it work by just plugging  just the power cable into the mains?

Hi,

Does it charge?

Is it detected by a pc?

Thanks

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

14 hours ago, TheTwist said:

Can it work by just plugging  just the power cable into the mains?

Personally, I am not much of an IPad user and spend very little with my IPad Mini which I bought on sale one year. Never seen inside of an Apple tablet although have seen inside of many other tablets and I would say that it would depend on their design and the way the circuitry delivers power to the components. I have seen some ones with different circuitry which would directly provide power to the battery and then take from that battery when used and that is why on those ones the manufacturer states on the users guide to not charge and use them at the same time although newer ones have more advanced circuitry which would allow for them to run on power from the mains and even detect no or a faulty battery. Energy should be delivered to the IPad when over a USB cable to a computer. Try connecting it to a USB cable and that to a computer, holding down the power button for anywhere from 5 seconds to a full minute, and see if the screen lights up or it gets noticed by your computer, if not then most likely you are going to need to get power to it some other way for accessing that drive's data. At that point, you could change out the battery or send it over to data recovery professionals such as Drive-Savers data recovery centers which would get it opened up and then take data off of the memory modules; therefore getting to the data which they can later send to you. Really those are going to be the main two options besides sending it to Apple which would most likely charge a lot more or not be able to do the operation depending on what build of IPad you have and what version you purchased. 

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch