Gaming PC Build Parts - ADVICE

I'm planning on building a gaming PC would love some feedback on my part list. :)

Any Advice is appreciated. Budget is: AU$2300 US$ 1600

Also would like opinions on whether to watercool or aircool.

Peripherals are not needed.

Plan to run one monitor for a while eventually will upgrade to two.

Please keep in mind this is my first PC build.

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/hkNJHh

good cpu and Mobo, though I am guessing local prices or availability is why the 8700k or 9700k is not the one being chosen?

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/lga-1151-mainboard-vrm-liste-1175784.html#z370

I would strongly recommend an NVME (not sata interfaced) SSD, they have 2x-6x raw performance depending on your local availability.

Locally the 1080 has been the better buy because the cost has been very close to the same as the 1070ti. the 1080 is better though, so if it costs less that a little under 10% more...

Why spending so much on extra wifi card? I would get a higher end MOBO with that cash and get it on-board.

19 minutes ago, El Snackables said:

I'm planning on building a gaming PC would love some feedback on my part list. :)

Any Advice is appreciated. Budget is: AU$2300 US$ 1600

Also would like opinions on whether to watercool or aircool.

Peripherals are not needed.

Plan to run one monitor for a while eventually will upgrade to two.

Please keep in mind this is my first PC build.

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/hkNJHh

Just a couple questions I wanted to ask to clarify.

Are you going to just game on this computer? (no streaming/ no recording videos or any process that would benefit from higher core counts)

Are you someone that requires 2TB of storage? (do you save a lot of movies or files that require a lot of space to store)

Are you comfortable with the idea of overclocking your cpu?

What is your monitor quality(1080p,1440p) what hz is the monitor(60hz or 144hz)

For a first build this isn't too bad but the budget can be allocated to different areas which would greatly improve gaming performance.

6 minutes ago, TA4LIFE said:

Just a couple questions I wanted to ask to clarify.

Are you going to just game on this computer? (no streaming/ no recording videos or any process that would benefit from higher core counts)

Are you someone that requires 2TB of storage? (do you save a lot of movies or files that require a lot of space to store)

Are you comfortable with the idea of overclocking your cpu?

What is your monitor quality(1080p,1440p) what hz is the monitor(60hz or 144hz)

For a first build this isn't too bad but the budget can be allocated to different areas which would greatly improve gaming performance.

To answer your questions:

Yes gaming is the only thing I will be doing and possibly some game creation with simple engines i.e GameMaker studio 2.0, and photo editing nothing too intense just some simple adobe lightroom.

Yes high amounts of storage are something that I want as I will store a few movies, I will probably move down to 1TB.

At the moment I am not too sure with overclocking but was looking to overclock in the future.

Currently have a BENQ GW2760S which is 1920x1080 at 50-76hz

Thank you for the reply any feedback is much appreciated. :)

26 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

good cpu and Mobo, though I am guessing local prices or availability is why the 8700k or 9700k is not the one being chosen?

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/lga-1151-mainboard-vrm-liste-1175784.html#z370

I would strongly recommend an NVME (not sata interfaced) SSD, they have 2x-6x raw performance depending on your local availability.

Locally the 1080 has been the better buy because the cost has been very close to the same as the 1070ti. the 1080 is better though, so if it costs less that a little under 10% more...

Why spending so much on extra wifi card? I would get a higher end MOBO with that cash and get it on-board.

hey,

The i7 - 7700k is chosen due to price will probably change to the 8700k

Will post another list later with this feedback :)

I made a quick build on pc part picker. I would take this build as a suggestion and something you could build off of and not something you just go out and buy. Take a look at it and customize it to what you like. Thats the joy of computer building. You get to put your take on it.

Just now, thx1138 said:

Thanks had a read before when you suggested and am gonna go the samsung 970 thanks for the help