Why is nothing working besides my fans and mobo?

MadeInChina O69

Hi, I recently built my first pc in August, then today on Christmas I descided to crack her open and fix some of my cable management, and add some stuff I got for Christmas. After I did all that I turned it on but only the Mobo, and fans were on. Im guessing the other stuff isnt bc they arent lighting up(ram, gpu, storage,etc.). I first thought it was like that because I didnt have a mouse keyboard and monitor hooked up, but when I hooked them up it still was the same way. Is anyone able to help me see what the problem is?

Stuff I did today:

- I just installed 32gb of ram from 16gb (both kits were 3000mhz Cas16)

- Added 3 corsair rgb strips

- basically rebuilt the pc for better cable management

Stuff I tried:

- tried to use mobo DisplayPort still didnt post

- turned it on then off again

- I noticed my Mobo 24pin wasnt in all the way so I fixed that hoping it would if the problems but it still was the same

The PC Parts:

- i7-8700k

- Asus z370 Prime-A 

- 4x8gb of corsair vengeance rgb pro 3000mhz Cas16

- Corsair h115i pro

- 500gb 860evo ssd

- 3tb Seagate Barracuda

- evga gtx 1080ti ftw3

- seasonic 750 focus plus

Other stuff:

- The pc was working perfectly fine before - didnt feel a shock and put all my parts in a safe spot while rebuilding

- didnt even touch the parts themselves except for the shroud or covering(the gpu cooler shroud, the ram heat sync, didnt even tuch the mobo)

1 minute ago, MadeInChina O69 said:

Hi, I recently built my first pc in August, then today on Christmas I descided to crack her open and fix some of my cable management, and add some stuff I got for Christmas. After I did all that I turned it on but only the Mobo, and fans were on. Im guessing the other stuff isnt bc they arent lighting up(ram, gpu, storage,etc.). I first thought it was like that because I didnt have a mouse keyboard and monitor hooked up, but when I hooked them up it still was the same way. Is anyone able to help me see what the problem is?

Stuff I did today:

Stuff I tried:

- I noticed my Mobo 24pin wasnt in all the way so I fixed that hoping it would if the problems but it still was the same

The PC Parts:

- i7-8700k

- Asus z370 Prime-A 

- Corsair h115i pro

- 500gb 860evo ssd

- 3tb Seagate Barracuda

- evga gtx 1080ti ftw3

Other stuff:

- The pc was working perfectly fine before - didnt feel a shock and put all my parts in a safe spot while rebuilding

- didnt even touch the parts themselves except for the shroud or covering(the gpu cooler shroud, the ram heat sync, didnt even tuch the mobo)

Take out the 32gb ram sticks and put in the default amount of ram that was working properly. Test if that's the issue,

10 minutes ago, MadeInChina O69 said:

Stuff I did today:

Stuff I tried:

The PC Parts:

- i7-8700k

- Asus z370 Prime-A 

- Corsair h115i pro

- 500gb 860evo ssd

- 3tb Seagate Barracuda

- evga gtx 1080ti ftw3

Other stuff:

Yeah first thing I would do is undo everything you tried to add today and see if it goes back working, if it doesn't you probably hooked up something wrong or forgot to hook something back up.

If it works then you can start adding things in one at a time to find out what isn't compatible or needs to be returned.

47 minutes ago, RainingBrainzHDSchoolAcont said:

Take out the 32gb ram sticks and put in the default amount of ram that was working properly. Test if that's the issue,

The ram didnt do anything

do you have a MOBO speaker? or a LED code?

try and bring the computer to absolute bare bones. so only cpu, one ram stick, plugged into monitor, and a keyboard.  see if you can get post.

if not, try different ram in each slot one at a time. if nothing...then possible MOBO was zapped by static?

6 hours ago, thx1138 said:

try and bring the computer to absolute bare bones. so only cpu, one ram stick, plugged into monitor, and a keyboard.  see if you can get post.

if not, try different ram in each slot one at a time. if nothing...then possible MOBO was zapped by static?

Can the mobo be chocked if the lights on it still work? And no i dont have a error code thing

11 hours ago, thx1138 said:

I think Jayztwoccents tried to purposely zap a mobo with electricity, and nothing happened. So I doubt that's the issue.

14 hours ago, SerjRusso said:

Yeah first thing I would do is undo everything you tried to add today and see if it goes back working, if it doesn't you probably hooked up something wrong or forgot to hook something back up.

If it works then you can start adding things in one at a time to find out what isn't compatible or needs to be returned.

13 hours ago, thx1138 said:

1 hour ago, RainingBrainzHDSchoolAcont said:

I think Jayztwoccents tried to purposely zap a mobo with electricity, and nothing happened. So I doubt that's the issue.

Thanks for all you adivce but I found what the problem was! It was bc the mobo 24pin wasn’t plugged into the psu silly me. But thanks for your help I appreciate it!