i3-8100 with RTX2080

Go to solution Solved by kelvinhall05,

It's an i3 with one of the most powerful graphics cards you can currently buy in terms of gaming performance. What do you think the problem is?

It's your CPU. Of course it's your CPU.

So i was dumb enough to buy a 2080 without uppgrading my processor, but then i thought a 8th gen i3 processor was probably not to bad for gaming, but when i try to play say f.ex. final fantasy windows edition and i put the game on max settings 1080p i only get average of 30 fps and it drops when i move around (aka not playable at all). anyone know if im doing something wrong or if i need to uppgrade my processor?

PC SPECS:

i3-8100

MSI RTX2080

24GB DDR4 2133mhz memmory

It's an i3 with one of the most powerful graphics cards you can currently buy in terms of gaming performance. What do you think the problem is?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Get an i7 8700 or around that power range. Should keep up with the graphics card and keep its value for a while.

15 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Should've spoiler tagged it for the climactic reveal.

I7 8700(k) 

Ryzen 2700(x)

I9 9900k (complete overkill)

Problem should be fixed after this. I’m running 2070 with 2700x

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD