4K Player

EchoBlue

Hey guys

I am looking for a 4K player.

Does PlayStation 4 play 4K? 

If not then is there a good 4K player out there to consider?

Thanks

thew question is from what source do you want to play 4k

if its simply Bluray you can get off the shelf players everywhere they are just a little pricy.

Super new to this but I want to be able to watch movies that come in 4K in 4K but need a 4K player. 

I heard PS4 can do that? Not sure if anyone here knows more about it or I should look into something else?

3 hours ago, EchoBlue said:

Super new to this but I want to be able to watch movies that come in 4K in 4K but need a 4K player. 

I heard PS4 can do that? Not sure if anyone here knows more about it or I should look into something else?

https://www.geek.com/tech/ps4-pro-does-not-support-4k-blu-ray-discs-because-nobody-uses-them-1670227/

So no, PS4 can not. (unless you're talking about STREAMING 4k... in which case, I think it can?)

You can, however, get the Xbox One S/X, which as ridiculous as it sound, does support 4k blurays unlike the PS4...

https://www.reviewgeek.com/1626/dont-bother-with-a-dedicated-4k-blu-ray-player-buy-an-xbox-one-instead/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/how-to-watch-blu-rays-on-the-xbox-one-s-and-xbox-one-x/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

PS4 can STREAM 4k. Xbox One S and X can both read 4K Blu-Ray discs.

The Xbox One S sales right now are very hard to beat, one as a player, but also doubles as a console, and out performs most cheaper 4k blu ray players.

On 12/23/2018 at 6:41 PM, TheFlyingTraut said:

PS4 can STREAM 4k. Xbox One S and X can both read 4K Blu-Ray discs.

The Xbox One S sales right now are very hard to beat, one as a player, but also doubles as a console, and out performs most cheaper 4k blu ray players.

Xbox One S and X eh? 

What about the rumored PS5? 

Something will always "be coming out later". Snag the Xbox One S's for $200 while you can, and it's a great 4k player and a console to boot.

19 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

Something will always "be coming out later". Snag the Xbox One S's for $200 while you can, and it's a great 4k player and a console to boot.

Are there any that are not consoles? 

Would it go less than $200?

Probably not less than $200. You can always snag a cheap LG or Samsung player when they are on sale for $100. They aren't bad players. Just have realistic expectations with them. They won't compare to their higher models. But if you don't have a tv that supports all the highest formats, then it doesn't really matter too much. Like, it doesn't make sense to buy a $100 4k player to put onto an OLED. However it does make sense to buy a $100 player that is going on a Samsung 7000 series, or something of the sorts.