Color Laser Printer/Scanner/Fax AIO/All-In-One MFC Machine Recommendations?

TheSaint

I'm helping a small non-profit replace a dead all-in-one color laser device. They regularly print color brochures, plus black and white copies of invoices, emails, etc. I'm having a really hard time finding a high-quality all-in-one unit that has the feature set required below, plus reliability and operating costs that don't break the bank. If any of you folks have experience buying, setting up and using all-in-one color laser units like the one I'm looking for below, please chime in with some brand/model suggestions. Thank you in advance!

Currently looking at:

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw

Xerox VersaLink C405/DN

Questions:

I'm helping a small non-profit replace a dead all-in-one color laser device. They regularly print color brochures, plus black and white copies of

They have the following needs (must haves):

• Budget: $400-$1000 USD
  • Color or black and white: | Color
  • Laser or ink printer: | Laser
  • New or used: | New
  • Multi-function: | Duplex scanning, duplex printing and duplex faxing
  • Duplex Printing: | Yes, see above.
  • Home or business: | Small non-profit
  • Printing content: | Color brochures on legal paper most frequently, but also black and white letter size documents *Printing frequency: | 500 pages per month
  • Pages per minute : | Doesn't matter
  • Page size: | Letter and legal
  • Device printing from: | Windows 10 desktops, Macbook/iMac/OSX
  • Connection type: | Ethernet is a must to connect to the existing wired network, USB/wifi-direct printing is a plus
  • Duplex printing and copying in color and black/white, in Legal and Letter sizes
  • Duplex scanning
  • Fax functionality
  • Ethernet port to hooking up to a wired network, ability to wake the device over the network if in a low-power state
  • USB port for printing from thumb drives
  • Low per-page cost of printing, either through affordable OEM toner cartridges, or the ability to use a refilled/3rd-party cartridges
  • Compatibility with Mac OSX and Windows 10 machines
  •  

The following are nice to have, but not critical:

• Cloud printing services
  • Wifi networking, Wifi-direct or NFC printing

Any other details:

I'm having a hard time finding a color laser all-in-one that has all of the functionality listed above, with good reviews for reliability and T.C.O. with low per-page costs. I'm open to buying any brand or model. If you could please provide suggests based upon the needs above, it would be greatly appreciated.