Build for my father

FeaR418

Hi I am looking to put together a build for my father (which can do some gaming), he also wants to have four monitors for stock trading. Specs will be over what he needs to allow the system to last a bit longer.

I was wondering if the Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard support NVME m.2 storage drives? 

Also, beyond this I was wondering if you had any tips or comments for the parts listed below (or compatibility issues).

AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor

Stock cooler - not planning on overclocking

Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard

16 GB of memory (have to check the qualified list for a compatible version, any suggestions??) was thinking 3200 speed.

Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Mini Video Card

Storage 1TB of SSD, NVME or SATA?

CASE and PSU TBD - any suggestions?

Thanks for your help :)

What is your budget?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

5 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

What is your budget?

1000ish (willing to reduce parts or increase budget depending) Canadian $. Zotac card is going for $274 on newegg right now.

The motherboard does support M.2. Everything else looks good, the 1060 is good enough to play AAA at 1080p at 60fps and then some.

3 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

The motherboard does support M.2. Everything else looks good, the 1060 is good enough to play AAA at 1080p at 60fps and then some.

is there a difference between NVME and sata for compatibility tho?

2 minutes ago, FeaR418 said:

is there a difference betwen NVME and sata tho?

NVME is faster but it is not worth the extra price if you are building a computer for normal use (even gaming). Not to be confused with M.2 which is the name of the connection. NVME drives can be in M.2 form factor but not all M.2 drives are NVME.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

4 minutes ago, FeaR418 said:

is there a difference betwen NVME and sata tho?

Yes, but it's not worth the extra money as you won't notice the speed increase in every day tasks. Sata and NVMe can come in the form of M.2. Get an M.2 sata ssd if you're on a budget. I have m2 western digital blue 500gb in a different build and it works great. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

7 minutes ago, FeaR418 said:

for compatibility tho?

What do you mean?

15 minutes ago, FeaR418 said:

1000ish (willing to reduce parts or increase budget depending) Canadian $. Zotac card is going for $274 on newegg right now.

Power supply:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/FdRFf7/corsair-cx-2017-550w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020121-na

if you want a better one, it's only $20 more

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jfs8TW/bitfenix-formula-gold-450w-80-gold-certified-atx-power-supply-bp-fm450ulag-7r

Just now, Happycowdance said:

why not something like this?

Needs to be in Canadian Rupees.

17 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

What do you mean?

Does NVME and SATA have different requirements for compatibility besides just the m.2 for factor. Like if a motherboard supports M.2 does it alwasy support NVME?

The difference in in the connector. If a board has the m.2 connection, it will most likely support nvme.

image.png.0c111ecb55b2c73f36fee95df3a9463d.png