Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GPU Temp Issue

viceice

turn up the fan speeds with something like MSI Afterburner. In MSI Afterburner you can define a new fan curve which should help

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

turn up the fan speeds with something like MSI Afterburner. In MSI Afterburner you can define a new fan curve which should help

what kind of curve should i do? i dont want fans to work %100 all time, i intend to keep this system for at least 4-5 years :( i dont want fans to fail down the road. are they hard or expensive to replace?

Just now, yamaci17 said:

what kind of curve should i do? i dont want fans to work %100 all time, i intend to keep this system for at least 4-5 years :( i dont want fans to fail down the road. are they hard or expensive to replace?

you can replace the entire cooler with a better one from Arctic or someone else for fairly cheap and the times i have done it its been easy. As for what fan curve you should make, id recomend just raising the curve from ~40C and up a bit over stock

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you can replace the entire cooler with a better one from Arctic or someone else for fairly cheap and the times i have done it its been easy. As for what fan curve you should make, id recomend just raising the curve from ~40C and up a bit over stock

thanks i will try that. are my case setup problemetic for the gpu temps? are there any improvements can be done in that aspect?

3 minutes ago, yamaci17 said:

thanks i will try that. are my case setup problemetic for the gpu temps? are there any improvements can be done in that aspect?

you could maybe add another fan but idk. that case seems like it should be pretty decent for GPU temps when i took a short look at it

Builds:

Spoiler

Run the fans at 100% and side panel off. That way you know before hand if it’s wven worth while to start throwing parts at it. 

Airflow is a real problem in that case. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer GD235hz 1920x1080@120hz

Looks like most of the air from the one (at least that I could see) intake fan is going over the top of the GPU, so not much fresh air is being made available which would help explain the higher temps with the side panel off.

I have that same card and in demanding games with the stock MSI fan curve I see between 70-74 C (with 21 C ambient), so you're panel-off temps seem reasonable. 

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 5 5600x GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-U12S

Jesus, what’s the fan speed at now?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer GD235hz 1920x1080@120hz

10 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Jesus, what’s the fan speed at now?

%40 till 60 degrees

%70 at 70 degrees

Put 100% for what you want the max temp to be. I use 100% for 79ºC o my GTX 1070. Your temp issues will be gone.

Manufactors put very low default rpms for a more silent operation.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

• 2 weeks later...