ThinkPad t480s vs Latitude 7490

fibur

Hello.

I'm looking to buy a new laptop and I'm going back to school next fall and there will be a lot of excel spreadsheets and being on the move.

I'm looking into the laptops mentioned. In a perfect world I would have gone for the t480s because I know what I'll get. But my problem is that the t480s is about $500~ more expensive then the Latitude 7490 for the same specs here in my country. Is the ThinkPad worth the $500 extra? This is in raw currency exchange rates between my currency and USD, but the $500 could give me a very decent weekend trip to Prague.

Summary: T480s is $500 more expensive than the Latitude 7490 with the same specs. Worth it?

Thank you.

EDIT: I will be going for my masters degree in economics and media consumption will be a few TV-series here and there with earbuds.  So I don't care about display quality that much since I know they both aren't the best.

Only limited to these 2 models? Must it be premium business laptop?

Location? Budget? Any preference on weight, battery life, display size and display quality? Any other requirements?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128