win 7 or win 8

polatok

Personally I really enjoy using windows 8 and that includes the metro ui its fresh and new just what I want from developers I moved from windows 7 and I don't think I will go back unless something drastically bad happens. I hope Microsoft keep moving forward with this

I am not a big fan of CoD anyways.    Ty guys, will try Windows 8 for sure :) 

Cool!

For sure you will probably have questions when you get, just ask away if you do.

When you do get Win8, check out the Music app. Unlimited Music streaming using a 30+ million song library.

It's awesome!

Windows 8 - Higher performance and the way forward. You are going to have to learn Win8 the layout system one day or another.

Looking on the web, it seams that people got CoD 4 running.

It seams that the problem is PunkBuster an anti-cheating system, thinks that you cheated because system files has changed.

Like EVERY version of Windos, you are going to have a few select games that needs a Google search to find it how to make it work.

They didn't. the punkbuster crashes the game, even if you're not on a pb server or didn't even install it.

to answer your question, Windows 8.

I've never experienced any compability problems with windows 8, (comp: ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME, 12gb DDR3 ram, i7 930 OC 4.0 GHZ, Gtx 680 DirectCU ii TOP, Samsung 840 pro 128gb SSD, 5 + Storage)

different strokes for different fokes.

Installed Win8, works awesome rly love it :)

WIndows 8 is awesome, yeah Linus siad that it runs games better, but that's only becuase it is better optimised for multi-core processors, which is aweomse, so people running either an FX8350 or something like an i7 with multi-threading it is the better option for gaming.

As for games not working properly, I actually have never encountered problems like what linus was explaining, the only issues I encoutered with games not working were fixed by the devs themselves as the game just needed patching to work properly on 8 and even that was only one or two games.

The modern UI is fine once you get used to it and the new shut down procedure actually suits me better than the old one cause you can bring up the charms menu pretty much anywhere.

Everything about the actual OS is cleaner, smoother and faster and the new File Explorer and Task Managers are amazing.

If you are willing to give w8 a run it will be worth your time to learn the new bits (took me about an hour to get a handle on it).

Also, other bonus is it cheaper and will only continue to get better as more people adopt it and Microsoft start doing some serious upgrades like 8.1.

P.S. Those boot times, holy crap, I'm running it on a HyperX 3k SSD and it boots in like 5 seconds, ready to go.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

Skimmed some of the thread.

To answer your question windows 7 right now is the best ALL games. Windows 8 though has been able to put out better performance with many games but also some games are having issues running on it.

What does that mean?

Well simple, like all new operating systems there are issues with compatibility with software. Windows 8 will get, IMO, exponentially better for gaming. Don't cut it short because it can not run a hand full of games.

In the future Windows 8 will be necessary to be able to play newer games. 

So right now, there currently is no answer for what you are asking. Both operating systems are good right now. But like all "old" things they will die out and people will stop using them. 

Now if you are talking about the difference about upgrading or staying at windows 7 then that is different. Currently $199 for an operating system just sounds crazy to me. It is in no way worth an upgrade or even giving Microsoft my money. But if i was building a new PC and needed a new license product key for an OS i would go Windows 8 without a doubt. 

Just upgraded to Windows 8 two days ago. Basically, in my opinion, it's better but the default integration of Metro is a mess. If you can afford or *ahem* obtain Start 8 or Start is Back, go ahead and get Windows 8. 

My setup used to be linked here but links aren't allowed so... it shall remain a mystery!

USE it for a month! before complaining because the background color changed.