DBAN not working properly?

seba7661

so i just used DBAN( Dariks boot and nuke) on my old pc because i wanted to use a ssd for windows. i wiped the hdd the system had with DBAN, but now when i u turned on the pc i checked the storage, none of the files were deleted, it still says 503gb fre out of 930gb. but every single folder and file on the hdd is broken, it wont open and i cant delete them.

what do i do?

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

25 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

so i just used DBAN( Dariks boot and nuke) on my old pc because i wanted to use a ssd for windows. i wiped the hdd the system had with DBAN, but now when i u turned on the pc i checked the storage, none of the files were deleted, it still says 503gb fre out of 930gb. but every single folder and file on the hdd is broken, it wont open and i cant delete them.

what do i do?

Did you choose the right drive for nuking?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

If the files are broken, chances are it didn't hit the MBR table, I would suggest just formatting the drive now when you re-install windows (just make sure you don't accidentally set it as the install directory for the OS)

27 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Did you choose the right drive for nuking?

when i nuked it it only had the one drive in

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

9 minutes ago, Palden said:

If the files are broken, chances are it didn't hit the MBR table, I would suggest just formatting the drive now when you re-install windows (just make sure you don't accidentally set it as the install directory for the OS)

windows is installed on the ssd and not on the hdd that i nuked

Yeah, just format the HDD through disk manager and bippity-boppity boom, job done

14 minutes ago, Palden said:

Yeah, just format the HDD through disk manager and bippity-boppity boom, job done

thank you, ill try that