x399 Sata Raid?

Toasted Waffles

Good Evening everyone,

I finally got all my drivers installed and into Raidexpert2 for AMD Threadripper. I'm trying to create a Raid 0 array of 4 860 Evos. Every-time I go into the create array then select the drives and click create it does not create an array? It goes back to the main menu showing the 4 drives. Any Advice?

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

Why would you do such a thing?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Why would you do such a thing?

I have a 1tb boot drive just want one after drive instead of several smaller ones 

Spoiler

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

Just now, Agent Maine said:

I have a 1tb boot drive just want one after drive instead of several smaller ones 

Then you should sell them and get a single sata drive, or if you do video editing and need more speed buy a single NVME drive.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Then you should sell them and get a single sata drive, or if you do video editing and need more speed buy a single NVME drive.

I have onsite storage servers - I need raid 0 on this machine....... 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Agent Maine said:

I have onsite storage servers - I need raid 0 on this machine....... 

What?

Why would you ever need raid 0?

You either need more speed, in which case you should be using NVME and not raid 1, or you need reliability in which case you should be using backups and not raid 0.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 7:32 PM, Agent Maine said:

Good Evening everyone,

I finally got all my drivers installed and into Raidexpert2 for AMD Threadripper. I'm trying to create a Raid 0 array of 4 860 Evos. Every-time I go into the create array then select the drives and click create it does not create an array? It goes back to the main menu showing the 4 drives. Any Advice?

I got mine working is a matter of drivers, if you are interested to know what to do please pm me when you are ready!

On 12/16/2018 at 7:32 PM, Agent Maine said:

Good Evening everyone,

Got mine working and it is a matter of drivers, if you are interested to know what to do please pm me when you are ready!

31 minutes ago, beto778 said:

Got mine working and it is a matter of drivers, if you are interested to know what to do please pm me when you are ready!

RAID.rar,

Ok Im new in this place so Im going to give it a try.

1) First you need to enable Sata RAID in bios.

2) You need to make sure that your drives are been seen by the MOTHERBOARD (Will be helpfull if you state the type of motherboard that you have)

3) you need to disconnect any other drives from your PC as it will make it easyer to follow this process with no headaches. (you can connect them later)

4) You need to install the files I have updated for you here, and you have to install them one by one  in the order that I have rename the folders: 1-RCButtom, 2-RCRaid, 3RCConfig... 

--- yes you need to install the 3, if you follow this accordingly you will be able to see your Array as 1TB.---

5) Mesmerize and drool how fast the freaking thing installs. (lol)

6---- Note: your posting to windows is not going to be faster as the raid array takes up some time to boot... but after... you will enjoy it.

MB   - x399 Zenith Extreeme

PR   - 2990wx Threadreaper 

GPU- RTI2080 Strix

HDD- (RAID 0)   M.2 NVMe 512gb 960pro * 2

Please let me know if this helped you!

20181227_013157.jpg