Which router/modem?

ch3w2oy

Please help, almost to walmart now lol.

Need one that can handle more devices without lag. Like xbox, 2 or 3 gaming computers and phones. 

I don't know anything about 8x4 or 16x8! Or anything for that matter. Lol.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NETGEAR-AC1200-8x4-WiFi-Cable-Modem-Router-Combo-DOCSIS-3-0-Certified-for-Xfinity-by-Comcast-Spectrum-COX-more-C6220/360145836

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TP-Link-AC1750-DOCSIS-3-0-16x4-Wi-Fi-Cable-Modem-Router-Gateway-1750Mbps-Wi-Fi-Speeds-Certified-Comcast-XFINITY-Spectrum-Cox-Archer-CR700/45066729

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

The TP-Link will serve you best

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

The TP-Link will serve you best

Will that work if I only have 200mbps internet? Or if spectrum limits it to 8 down and 4 up? 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

1 minute ago, tomswife said:

Will that work if I only have 200mbps internet? Or if spectrum limits it to 8 down and 4 up? 

Yes, this will give you headroom if you or they up your speed down the line.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yes, this will give you headroom if you or they up your speed down the line.

What if I get

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NETGEAR-AC1750-Dual-Band-WiFi-Router-Gigabit-Ethernet-R6400/46927632

And a cheap modem? Does the modem need requirements to or just the fastest one I can? 

1 minute ago, tomswife said:

What if I get

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NETGEAR-AC1750-Dual-Band-WiFi-Router-Gigabit-Ethernet-R6400/46927632

And a cheap modem? Does the modem need requirements to or just the fastest one I can? 

Well Spectrum/Charter never gives you the full speed listed on the modem. So get one that will give around 600Mbps or more if you want to get your full speed.

If it says "up to 343Mbps" they'll usually only let you use with with a 100Mbps or 150Mbps package because those "up to" speeds are best case scenario.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Well Spectrum/Charter never gives you the full speed listed on the modem. So get one that will give around 600Mbps or more if you want to get your full speed.

If it says "up to 343Mbps" they'll usually only let you use with with a 100Mbps or 150Mbps package because those "up to" speeds are best case scenario.

So this

And this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Motorola-MB7420-10-16x4-686-Mbps-DOCSIS-3-0-Cable-Modem/174420113

My speed is around 200 to 240

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

That should work well

So the modem is the only thing that needs the 16x8? And the docsis 3.0 thingy? 

Just now, tomswife said:

So the modem is the only thing that needs the 16x8? And the docsis 3.0 thingy? 

It needs to be DOCSIS 3.0 for sure unless you foresee yourself getting gigabit from them at which point you need DOCSIS 3.1

16x8 is the number of channels (down and up) it can use. More won't give you more speed directly but if you upgrade your package it can prevent you from having to get another modem down the line. It's just the trade off of if you see going for the 400Mbps package or not or what else they might offer eventually.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Awesome. Got that modem and the ac1600. Unless you think 10 bucks more is worth it for the 1750?

Just now, tomswife said:

Awesome. Got that modem and the ac1600. Unless you think 10 bucks more is worth it for the 1750?

Nah, the AC1600 will be plenty fast for a long while.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Nah, the AC1600 will be plenty fast for a long while.

Thanks a lot for the quick help. Im checking out now lol. My two and in one from spectrum crapped out so I figured I might as well upgrade.