VIRTUAL CABLE CAUSING NOTICABLE LOSE IN QUALITY OF SOUND

Luka 999

So as the title suggests I'm trying to set up voice meter and virtual cable to rout my sound for streaming and recording purposes.

I want my Discord audio to be routed through virtual cable to hardware input 1.

I did that and tested out how it sounds with a music bot in a server and it sounded really compressed. Like talking over the phone.

I've completely reset and even reinstalled both drivers. Nothing worked.

I've looked at the control panel that virtual cable comes with but there's one window that allows me to change the latency and frequency of samples taken. I tried changing that but it didn't work. So now I'm asking you guys. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also for some reason, I can't use my Voiceemeter AUX input. VAIO works fine but the other one just plain doesn't give me any signal. Here's a screenshot of the window.

178251357_Screenshot(14).png.836fba363823e669089d49ad1303389b.png

In windows right click your sound icon, and click "sounds"

Go to playback devices, and right click on the "voicemeeter input VAIO". Click properties, then advanced. Set the sample rate to 24 bit 44.1khz

Do this for the other virtual input, and both virtual outputs in the "recording devices" section.

Video reviews: https://youtube.com/goldensound Written reviews and measurements: https://goldensound.audio
Current Main Setup: Roon -> HQPlayer -> Intel NUC -> Intona 7055-C Isolator -> Holo Audio May KTE DAC-> Holo Serene KTE preamp -> Benchmark AHB2 / Woo WA33
Most used headphones: Hifiman Susvara, Abyss 1266 Phi TC, Sennheiser HD800-S

• 4 weeks later...

Oh sorry I haven't seen your reply sooner. Thanks :)