GPU Maintenance Strix 1080 ti gtx

Baesel20xx

Just picked up a used strix 1080 ti off ebay. Assuming it runs like the seller said (well reviewed seller so here's hoping).

Is there any maintenance I should do to extend its life as best as possible? Thermal paste replacement? Anything else?

And if anyone has links to videos related to those things id appreciate it, though im sure i can find something once i know what to look for.

28 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Dust/Clean the PCB, and replace thermal paste with something of good quality (so it's worth replacing) like Arctic Silver or Thermal Grizzly

Relevant video ;) 

This is perfect thank you! Exactly what I needed.

2 hours ago, Alexsolo said:

Dust/Clean the PCB, and replace thermal paste with something of good quality (so it's worth replacing) like Arctic Silver or Thermal Grizzly

Relevant video ;) 

Also maybe rip that card lol

If you have enough reason to believe that the card was never opened then there is no reason to do that at all. 

On the other extreme, if you want to max it’s lifespan you want to water cool it ( first thing I did when I got the card FE edition new). But I suspect you won’t want to spend the money nor the effort. 

If the card has been opened re-pasting could be an option. You should really know what you are doing though. 

Just keep an eye on the fan speed vs temperature to make sure everything is working properly if so there is not enough reason to open the card.