Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Streaming Issues using NDI and Streamlabs OBS

So currently, I have a desktop PC that is running my game, and then I have a laptop that I am using as a "streaming pc". In order to get the video and audio to the laptop, I am using a couple programs from NewTek that are called NDI (scan converter and studio monitor). I am also using Streamlabs OBS on the laptop to stream everything. The laptop should theoretically have good enough specs to be able to stream (core i7 8th gen, 16gb ram, nvidia 1060), but something is wrong.

I tried to stream directly from my desktop, but I just can't get a decent frame rate in my game while streaming at the same time.

The issue that I am having now is that my laptop computer is dropping a ton of frames when it is streaming. Maybe it's my encoding choice? Or maybe the NewTek program I am using just isn't going to work... I have three options for encoding - Software x264, QSV, and NVENC. Which one of these should I be using, and what other settings should I try to tweak in order to prevent as much fps drop?

Thanks

Post screenshot of your settings. Also it helps, if you list actual specs for both PC and your network speed (upload). Dropping frames is more likely network than CPU thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv