NZXT H440 Case Fan Issues

Krolic

I've been having a problem with my NZXT H440 stock case fans for a while now, but I am not sure what the issue is. The case has three fans in the front (I believe 120 mm, but don't quote me). The middle fan never turns on by itself for some reason. I can get it working back taking the front off and the screen (luckily the front just snaps off) and give it a little nudge with my finger to jump start it. After that it works fine. I am not entirely sure what the issue is. It may be just shitty bearings and it doesn't get enough voltage/current to overcome the static friction of the fan itself. Has anyone experienced something like this before? If my thought it correct, is there a way to increase the power delievered to the fan so it always has maximum power?

CPUAMD 3800x; GPUASUS TUF RTX 3070; Motherboard: Asus Prime x570-Pro;

CPU Coolerbe quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3; RAMG.SKILL Ripjaws V 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz;  

Case: NZXT H440; PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W; Storage: Intel 600P SSD 512GB, Segate Barracuda 2TB HDD @ 7200RPM

Is the fan plugged into a header on your motherboard? If so, have you tried changing the fan settings for that header?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ya, I put it into two different fan headers on my mobo, as well as the fan controller for the case. Neither seem to do anything. I've also played around with some software to test the different fans, which stops them and isolates only one. It is very noticeable that if the worse fan is spinning and comes to a stop, it happens much sooner than the other fans. Like there is more drag on it.

CPU Coolerbe quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3; RAMG.SKILL Ripjaws V 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz;  

Case: NZXT H440; PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W; Storage: Intel 600P SSD 512GB, Segate Barracuda 2TB HDD @ 7200RPM

3 hours ago, Krolic said:

Ya, I put it into two different fan headers on my mobo, as well as the fan controller for the case. Neither seem to do anything. I've also played around with some software to test the different fans, which stops them and isolates only one. It is very noticeable that if the worse fan is spinning and comes to a stop, it happens much sooner than the other fans. Like there is more drag on it.

The fan might be worn out. If the case is still under warranty, you can probably contact NZXT for a replacement. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The fan might be worn out. If the case is still under warranty, you can probably contact NZXT for a replacement. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That was on me. I forget to hit it then couldn't edit my post to fix it. 

I don't think it's under warrenty anymore. I may try sending an email and pull up the part number from it. Hopefully I still have it somewhere..... If not I may just have to order some more fans.