HP - Gaming Desktop - Multiple Issues

ColinTheBoss

Hello,

I bought this gaming desktop on November 27th. I have had multiple issues that HP will not fix without paying for their $100 service, even though it's under warranty. So I have come here to see if anyone can diagnose the issues I am having. The first issue is that the second display will not come on after a reboot. If I disconnect and reconnect the display the first screen flashes black and then the second display comes on. Both displays are plugged into the display ports on the Radeon RX 580. The second issue I believe comes with the second monitor. While playing games both screens flash black and it normally crashes the game. The third issue is that the 2nd display port does not work at all. The only reasoning I see behind this would be a faulty graphics card. If anyone has a better diagnosis please tell me. Thank you all!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-series-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-1tb-hard-drive-128gb-solid-state-drive-shadow-black-with-a-brushed-hairline-pattern/6280606.p?skuId=6280606

Edited by ColinTheBoss
I forgot to add an issue. It is underlined

Quick questions. Are you playing games with your one, or both screens plugged in? Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your gpu? Have you checked to see if the issue is a specific com port for the card? Good luck in troubleshooting!

I'd honestly start with using different AMD drivers (perform a clean install of the drivers after deleting them with DDU in safe mode). Are you running the latest drivers yet?

Have you taken a look inside the machine yet? Could be a slightly wonky GPU power cable even. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I am running the latest drivers that Windows will provide me. And yes I am playing with both screens plugged in, one screen running the game and the other running Teamspeak.

that windows will provide you ? you mean ati ? its kind of important you get them from ati's website just to clarify, a decent amount of ppl with rx series card seem to have odd display issues with the game or pc crashing. most people say drivers are the cause  

probably a stupid question but have you tested running one screen only and see if the problem is still present ???

if they both work individually and in both ports then you know its a software / driver issue not hardware

probably a stupid question but have you tested running one screen only and see if the problem is still present ???

Yes I did, and the problem didn't. The only thing I could say would be the Graphics Card but IDK if HP will even provide that as a fix.

if its under warranty you have the right to complain, they shouldn't be charging you 100$ for service if its under warranty. need to tell them the law when you speak to them then they wont f you around, don't accept no go higher

7 hours ago, ColinTheBoss said:

I am running the latest drivers that Windows will provide me. 

Windows isn't your graphics card driver source, you need to keep your graphics driver updated yourself regularly by checking for updates in the AMD Adrenalin software, or by checking their website. 

The drivers Microsoft provides are usually about 6 months out of date, which is bad for performance of games newer than that, they might even refuse to start in some cases.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

NelizMaster The only way I found to update driver's was through Windows or through the HP Support App. Trying to install them myself threw errors up. 

yer i asked that eariler in the thread you never specified what you meant. there must be a way around that. still who ever sold it to you and wont warranty it is a fuckwit pardon my french they have to its consumer law, they cant "just say no" 

Just keep on their case hard they will give in