Laptop screen looks washed out for the first few minutes its on

i got a dell xps 15 9550 refurbished from ebay a few months ago. It's worked perfectly fine for me with one exception: when i first open the lid or wake up the screen after it has been off for a while, the colors are all washed out and horrible looking, but slowly over the course of 5 or so mins, the color returns to normal and the display looks amazing again. I'm just curious what could be causing this issue, and if there is anything reasonable i could do to fix it. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the nvidia and intel graphics drivers multiple times with no luck. I have the 4k touchscreen model with a gtx 960m if that helps.

Most likely a graphics issue, try using Display Driver Uninstaller to really get rid of your drivers. Then load in the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. Maybe, there is certain code which is running in late and that could be fixed with drive and software optimizations. Has this issue had after something like a drop or other damage event which could have possibly internally damaged the unit?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

windows might of done a bad and set some wrong parameters, if you can, you can reset windows (keeping your file), or look through your programs before you close it and see what is using your gpu. Reinstalling nvidia drivers might not work, so update it instead by installing a version before and updating it. It will look at broken registries and hopefully solve it. If not, waiting a bit for a new windows update might work, or even if you can, get win 10 pro (if you haven't already) to get updates faster. I had a display problem like this and all I had to do was update windows. Best of luck

:^)

1 hour ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Most likely a graphics issue, try using Display Driver Uninstaller to really get rid of your drivers. Then load in the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. Maybe, there is certain code which is running in late and that could be fixed with drive and software optimizations. Has this issue had after something like a drop or other damage event which could have possibly internally damaged the unit?

I haven't dropped this since i got it, but with it being refurbished on ebay, I'm slightly worried about that, but there were no visible signs of a drop when i got it but the  issue has  been there since i first opened the laptop. I will try using display driver uninstaller though

3 hours ago, Poly LLC said:

windows might of done a bad and set some wrong parameters, if you can, you can reset windows (keeping your file), or look through your programs before you close it and see what is using your gpu. Reinstalling nvidia drivers might not work, so update it instead by installing a version before and updating it. It will look at broken registries and hopefully solve it. If not, waiting a bit for a new windows update might work, or even if you can, get win 10 pro (if you haven't already) to get updates faster. I had a display problem like this and all I had to do was update windows. Best of luck

I will try installing an earlier version then updating

the only things using my gpu according to task manager are: desktop window manager, client server runtime process, system, and windows shell experience host, but the issue happens every time i wake up the screen after like 30 mins or so, no matter what programs are running or not so i dont think that would affect it at all