Windows 8.1 single language not activated

Yongtjunkit

Hi, 

my aunt’s dell laptop comes preloaded with windows 8/8.1(based on the windows 8 sticker on the laptop) but for some reason it’s not activated with the error code 0xc004c003 ( product key have been blocked ), is there anyway to activate windows on the laptop ? 

Only way to activate it is to buy a legitimate key, although I'm not sure off the top of my head on whereabouts to get one would be, you could try something like KMSpico if you really need that version of win 8, although i do not recommend it as it does modify the registry to bypass the windows activation, which (everyone should know) is technically piracy

Up to you though!

~~~ MY RECENTLY UPDATED RIG ~~~

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700

MOBO: ASUS Prime B450M-A

GPU: ASUS RX580 Dual 8 GB

RAM: 4 x 8GB Team T-Force Vulcan 2666Mhz

Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB

PSU: Silverstone 80+ Platinum 750W Fully Modular

Case: Cougar Panzer Dual Tempered Glass

Storage: Samsung 840 500GB 2.5" SSD

Storage: SanDisk 240GB 2.5" SSD

Storage: LiteON 240 GB 2.5" SSD

Storage: Toshiba 3TB 7200rpm 3.5" HDD

PC Part Picker list:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/4bH3V6

If the laptop is new then you could probably file a complaint to dell and they might send you a new product key, odds of them following through are pretty slim though nowadays.

My Setup

Intel® Core™ i5-4590||Asrock Z97 Extreme4||8GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3||EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti HYBRID GAMING||NZXT H700i Matte Black/Blue||WD Green 240GB SSD||WD Blue 2TB HDD||Corsair CX550M||ASUS VG248QE 24" 144 Hz 1080p||Corsair Hydro Series H60 (2018)||Corsair K70||Corsair Gaming GLAIVE RGB||HyperX Cloud Stinger||Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

11 minutes ago, Dufsao14 said:

Only way to activate it is to buy a legitimate key, although I'm not sure off the top of my head on whereabouts to get one would be, you could try something like KMSpico if you really need that version of win 8, although i do not recommend it as it does modify the registry to bypass the windows activation, which (everyone should know) is technically piracy

Up to you though!

The pc comes preloaded with windows 8/8.1 so it shouldn’t be piracy 

10 minutes ago, 0mniscient said:

If the laptop is new then you could probably file a complaint to dell and they might send you a new product key, odds of them following through are pretty slim though nowadays.

It has a 3rd gen core i3 

6 minutes ago, CharlesDog said:

Call Microsoft and ask them to unblock your product key

Would use that as a last resort, it’s there anyway to make windows pick up the oem key which should be stored in the bios as far as I know 

Buy one off ebay. I just bought one for windows 10, for 10 bucks. And it upgraded me to pro. Who knew? Obv this method is not the same as buying your own license, and you take the chance of having to reactivate windows at any time, although this is not illegal. I am a lawyer and you should take my advice (or is it the other way around..)

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build