streaming to tv

fatscotthew

I have a high end gaming PC in my computer room and i would like to game in my living room on my 50" 4k tv but i dont want to spend money on another high end pc. Im not sure what the best options are. Im assuming the cheapest option is making a very cheap pc to stream my high end pc on but im not sure how to get the best experience on the stream. Can someone point me in the best direction.

My current Computer:

EVGA 1080ti FTW3 

Intel i7 8700k

Corsair 16GB 3200Mhz

Samsung 970 M.2 500GB

WD Blue SSD 1TB

Just use a long HDMI cable?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the problem with that is i cant run the cables though the walls and floors, im going from 2nd floor to the basement

Do these actually work well? also does it support all games?

ive tried to do steam link to a laptop and the experience was awful 

You could get a cheap ass laptop and use GeForce now, except that doesn't take advantage of your current hardware. Or you could try chromecast. There are a lot of other options out there like Miracast as well, but they don't support 4k, which would require something relatively new. Miracast hasn't been updated in a while.

Give Steam Link a shot (it's a TV app nowadays); no need for a second PC. As long as your internet connection is solid, it's a great experience in my experience. I use it to stream from my desktop on the other side of the living room to my TV.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB