Somebody please explain Intel CPUs

Saitaer

The new classification is driving me nuts .. Gold VS Platinum is the main issue I am having as its a 2000 dollar difference per CPU that I am looking at but Intel has to screw my life up and make this stupid change I am very smart and can work this stuff out most the time. But there really is not allot online yet and I am sorting through it. 

Oh a side note I saw that on eBay 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323146496138

Isn't this the kinda stuff Linus buys? I am sure someone will grab it I am not that brave but a 7000 dollar CPU for 500 dollars looks good ?

Thanks for the help 

Saitaer

58 minutes ago, Saitaer said:

The new classification is driving me nuts .. Gold VS Platinum is the main issue I am having as its a 2000 dollar difference per CPU that I am looking at but Intel has to screw my life up and make this stupid change I am very smart and can work this stuff out most the time. But there really is not allot online yet and I am sorting through it. 

The main difference is Platinum can be used in 8 socket server systems and Gold can be used in 4 socket server systems. Beyond that everything is the same between the two, other than the core and frequency specs of each SKU but the architecture is the same.

Do note though, just to confuse things, Gold 51xx are different and are worse than the higher ones. They are basically the same as Silver but with 4 socket support.

Well I was looking at 6142 and I did not know if I should go to the 8160 but due to its only going to be a dual CPU system I will only need the 6142 thanks for the info! I thought there would be something more with the difference and I did not want to sell the customer the wrong thing, of course,? you rock stupid intel had to confuse life. 

Saitaer