My rig and advice on it

Bernard981

Hey guys I have a dell t7400 custom built system following a cpuz bench it’s hitting 8500ish on its multi core bench which is a Bit lower than a i7-6700k (bench score maybe more, I knew the cpus it was between but cannot remember)

i have asked questions about gpu upgrades to help my systems gaming performance but I always get you need a full new rig to increase my FPS issue not a more powerful gpu 

Game: 7days to die 

FPS 25-60fps (depending map location lowest in cities and changing resolution and graphic quality affects FPS) 

some figures and hardware 

cpus: 2x intel Xeon x5470 (achieved and OC at 3.7ghz using set fsb I May be able to get more next time I play with it as heard 4ghz has been achieved with that cpu) 

memory: fb-Dimm ECC ddr2 667 (saw its data rate mb/s is greater than ddr4 only through Wikipedia) 

gpu: gtx 1050 ti strix OC to its stable max 

usage according to task manager in processes on 7 days to die process colum

gpu: 100% 

cpu: 40-60%

usage according to Rivera tuner (sorry if spelt wrong) 

gpu: 50-60%

cpu: 40-60% 

I like the look of the rtx series and there’s a deal on for a rtx 2070 at £400ish 

i know my cpus may not have it run at it’s full potential but will it improve my system performance as this rig is mainly intended to be a dedicated server for my favourite game (7 days to die) it’s a temp gaming/ server pc untill i build my next more modern rig 

both systems will be in a single pc desk setup similar to the desk built by Linus and team but shall have a few tweaks to suit my needs, I shall cover the whole build in a thread in the forum as it comes together and is assembled, it’ll be more like a dual function as either desk or wall mount as I don’t know which will work best on my flat u till it is built 

Any and all advice would be great and apologies if some of my data is wrong (down sides to late night googling and remembering bench scores off the top of my head lol, but will update to more accurate info asap) 

thanks 

bernie 

36 minutes ago, Bernard981 said:

thanks 

bernie 

ECC is slower than non-ECC.

What CPUs will the T7400 support? I suspect your CPUs need bumping up. The GFX card should be fine.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

• 8 months later...
On 12/9/2018 at 1:44 AM, Radium_Angel said:

ECC is slower than non-ECC.

What CPUs will the T7400 support? I suspect your CPUs need bumping up. The GFX card should be fine.

Apologies for the delay 

Dell state two cpus in the top end of this system, x5492 fsb 1600 (3.4ghz) and x5470 fsb 1333 I think (3.33ghz) , I opted with the x5470 because it’s overclock potential is greater than the 92 due to dells locked multiplayers forcing me to use a software oc that pushes up the fsb on the x5460s from 1333 to 1600 where as with a 1600 cpu I can only push the bus up to 1700 before instability sets in, dell so also state to use 1600 fsb cpus they recommend 800mhz ram (could become a bottle neck maybe?) I was on the game last night and decided to push the graphics up a bit and the cpu load over its 8 cores stuck between 50-60% whilst the gtx1050 ti overclocked was sat at about 80-100% which says to me the gpu is my issue here?