Works with TV, doesn't with monitor

damiansakwinski
Go to solution Solved by damiansakwinski,

In case somebody in the future had the same issue, I got it solved by installing the OS and drivers using TV as a monitor, then I turned off the computer, switched the HDMI to the monitor, turned on the computer and turned the monitor on AFTER the pc has booted to desktop. Then the system apparently recognized the monitor and it works pretty fine now, except that the BIOS startup screen doen't show up. 

I've got a freshly build PC, it doesn't work with a monitor, however it works with a TV. The connection in both cases is through the same HDMI cable. The monitor is fine since my laptop works with it just okay. I tried unplugging the cable from TV while the PC was working and plugging it into the monitor and only then it manages to display. After restarting the computer, the monitor still shows no signal. I am clueless, what can be the issue?
I've updated the BIOS, cleared the CMOS a few times, fiddled with BIOS settings and monitor settings. The monitor is IIyama Black Hawk G-Master GE2288HS.

In case somebody in the future had the same issue, I got it solved by installing the OS and drivers using TV as a monitor, then I turned off the computer, switched the HDMI to the monitor, turned on the computer and turned the monitor on AFTER the pc has booted to desktop. Then the system apparently recognized the monitor and it works pretty fine now, except that the BIOS startup screen doen't show up.