HP 17T Fan Possibility of Damaging Screen?

Hattani

Hello,

I'm new to this forum so please be patient with me. I recently purchased this laptop 4 days ago and I have a question regarding the fan exhaust design on it. (https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-17-bw0011nr) Despite reading about HP's bad reputations concerning their HP Envy laptop hinges, I have noticed something else that has made me very concerned. The placement of the exhaust fan is pointed towards the screen and often when I am using this laptop, the exhaust fan blows hot air at the screen causing it to heat up significantly. I know for a FACT that this exhaust is blowing hot air out not taking in air to be blown out the bottom. I'm really concerned because this is a 4k display and I know replacing it will be very expensive. Will the hot air blowing at the screen over time damage it? Should I be worried? I have attached a picture as well to give you an idea of what I mean. If it does have the capacity to damage the screen, this has me seriously concerned because it means that HP's engineers have some serous problems. First with designing faulty hinges and then putting the fan exhausts in places they know will break the screen. Also if anyone happens to know, did hp fix their hinge design for this laptop? I am extremely worried. Thank you.

0.jpg

I think it will be fine. Many laptops use this design for cooling, such as most Apple laptops.

My Lenovo Y50-70 uses the same design, and I have had it for about 5 years. It's GTX960M and the i7-4720 will push a lot more heat to that screen in comparison to your MX150 and the U-series processor.

I don't think its massive issue. You can measure how hot temp air is when it comes out of those vents. But I imagine it being at 50C at most which is nothing for LCD.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv