XR6

Should I switch to iPhone?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should I?

• yes definitely
    • pls no
    • not sure

Hi guys,

Should I switch to iPhone? I've got a Galaxy S7 that I've had enough of. It's really laggy and the battery life is crap. It's 1:47pm here and I've got 24% battery..

I'm stuck between buying an Android and buying an iPhone. An iPhone would be much less customizable but I'm a bit skeptical about Android after the S7 considering it was a flagship phone 2 years ago.

If you don't think I should switch, please leave a suggestion of what I should buy. 

it depends on many factors, in terms of pricing no.. in terms of longevity support and lifespan yes...
i still run an iphone 6s and it still gets the latest updates and still runs very very fast and responsive.

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

If you like the iPhone..then buy it, it's really up to your prefferences. Personally I would get S9+ than iPhone X

Just now, voiha said:

If you like the iPhone..then buy it, it's really up to your prefferences. Personally I would get S9+ than iPhone X

I like iPhone X but it's way too expensive. I was thinking more like iPhone 7/8 Plus

11 minutes ago, 1kv said:

I like iPhone X but it's way too expensive. I was thinking more like iPhone 7/8 Plus

7 plus came out around the same time as the s7 and still feels like a brand new phone today. Same cant be said for the samung. If you value a long lasting phone with 5 years of software updates and industry leading customer service there really is no competition for iPhones

You have to understand that depending on how you use your phone will greatly impact the performance of it. Have you tried a factory reset of your S7? If you can see yourself switching to the Apple Ecosystem for the foreseeable future, then go ahead, otherwise just because you had a negative experience on one device doesn't mean it will happen to all Android devices.

I myself debated if I should go back and try an iPhone (haven't used one since the iPhone 4, which I enjoyed), but the cost of the "big players" such as Apple, Samsung, LG.. etc was a bit high for how I use my phone. I went with the Oneplus 3T and 2+ years later it still works as if it's brand new.

11 minutes ago, 1kv said:

If you want fast phone which isnt crazy expensive,go with oneplus 6 or 6T,

If you want a different experience where everything is easy and well connected go for iphone(but there will be a learning curve).

IOS is good but you will loose some freedom of android(but if you are normal user,it wont matter much).

Just now, NinJake said:

You have to understand that depending on how you use your phone will greatly impact the performance of it. Have you tried a factory reset of your S7? If you can see yourself switching to the Apple Ecosystem for the foreseeable future, then go ahead, otherwise just because you had a negative experience on one device doesn't mean it will happen to all Android devices.

I myself debated if I should go back and try an iPhone (haven't used one since the iPhone 4, which I enjoyed), but the cost of the "big players" such as Apple, Samsung, LG.. etc was a bit high for how I use my phone. I went with the Oneplus 3T and 2+ years later it still works as if it's brand new.

Yeah, of course. I've tried factory resetting and I've only installed the apps I need (eBay, WhatsApp, Facebook etc.).

I switched from an iPhone SE which I found to be alright. I wouldn't mind switching back to iPhone but it's the customizability and budget factor that draws me to companies like OnePlus. 

Your problem might be that you have a Samsung phone. They aren't known to be the best company when it comes to update cycles and long-term support.

I suggest you to look into android one phones or maybe a OnePlus. iPhones aren't bad, just really pricey.

Maybe try other than Samsung. Samsung phones tend to get laggy after a while. My S7 Edge had the same. Not always, but some inconsestent lagging / etc sometimes.

i'm at oneplus now, lets see how that goes.

Pixel lineup would be a good upgrade too, with a very solid performance.

And wit hPixel 2 (XL) and Oneplus 6 / 6t, you can get it for like half the Price, compared to an iPhone Xs.

I would honestly not get the old, ugly 7 / 8 lineup, because of these enourmous HUGE bezels. Device size is too big, because of those bezels.

iPhone X Lineup would be the least, i would recommend if you want to switch to Apple. Then you finally get a decent Design that's not ugly as Hell, and was even outdated back in 2012.

56 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Maybe try other than Samsung. Samsung phones tend to get laggy after a while. My S7 Edge had the same. Not always, but some inconsestent lagging / etc sometimes.

i'm at oneplus now, lets see how that goes.

Pixel lineup would be a good upgrade too, with a very solid performance.

And wit hPixel 2 (XL) and Oneplus 6 / 6t, you can get it for like half the Price, compared to an iPhone Xs.

I would honestly not get the old, ugly 7 / 8 lineup, because of these enourmous HUGE bezels. Device size is too big, because of those bezels.

iPhone X Lineup would be the least, i would recommend if you want to switch to Apple. Then you finally get a decent Design that's not ugly as Hell, and was even outdated back in 2012.

1 hour ago, Spancer said:

Your problem might be that you have a Samsung phone. They aren't known to be the best company when it comes to update cycles and long-term support.

I suggest you to look into android one phones or maybe a OnePlus. iPhones aren't bad, just really pricey.

I'm considering a OnePlus 6 (possibly 6T McLaren if I can afford it) or Pixel 2 XL atm. I don't know about the P2XL since it has been known to have some burn in issues, but other than that I'm definitely considering them both.

I don't mind the design of the iPhone 8 but the iPhone 7 is a bit of a dated design imo unless it's in Jet Black.. 

even in jetblack the bezels are kinda huge. But well, the "iOS Experience" will remain.

I would still try to get a more modern iPhone X (second hand.. MUCH better choice than a new 7/8), or even Xr, if the Price is good.

Since iPhones keep a high value for a long time, you will probably only save 200-300 bucks by going to a 2+ year old iPhone 7. I think, it's worth spending those for the "real deal": iPhone X, or Xr.

Why? Because this new Design with small bezels gives you a very awesome, modern experience.

The iPhone X with 5.8" Screen has almost the same Device-Size as a 4.7" iPhone 7/8. It is only 5mm Taller, and 2-3mm wider. Just slightly larger, but a MUCH bigger Display (and a much better Display too). This is a huge difference i think for the user experience, and also, newer = longer updates = you can use it longer.

2 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

even in jetblack the bezels are kinda huge. But well, the "iOS Experience" will remain.

I would still try to get a more modern iPhone X (second hand.. MUCH better choice than a new 7/8), or even Xr, if the Price is good.

Since iPhones keep a high value for a long time, you will probably only save 200-300 bucks by going to a 2+ year old iPhone 7. I think, it's worth spending those for the "real deal": iPhone X, or Xr.

Why? Because this new Design with small bezels gives you a very awesome, modern experience.

The iPhone X with 5.8" Screen has almost the same Device-Size as a 4.7" iPhone 7/8. It is only 5mm Taller, and 2-3mm wider. Just slightly larger, but a MUCH bigger Display (and a much better Display too). This is a huge difference i think for the user experience, and also, newer = longer updates = you can use it longer.

Yeah it's just that I can't really afford an iPhone X since most of them are like £500-£600. If I can try to get one for around £400 I'll consider it but is it really worth buying over a OnePlus 6 or something like that?

If you prefer iOS, and like the iOS Experience, it's worth buying over ANY Android smartphone that exists now, and will exist in the next 2-3 years, easily.

The thing is, Android smartphones are all quite similar, they share the base: Android. Doesn't matter if you have Oneplus, Huawei or samsung. UI might look very different, but under that Skin, it's every time Android. It works the same.

iOS is a different, and can't be "replaced", because there are no other phones with iOS - except iPhone.

So first of all, you need to decide if you want to stick to Android and try a different manufacturer like Oneplus, or you chose iOS, and see how that goes.

Maybe you love it (iOS does indeed run pretty damn well and consistent, but many things are Limited. Like File System is nonexistent, you can't personalize it that well etc etc.), and enjoy the perks it has. Like the Speed, reliability, the App store, Airdrop (there is nothing better to share files between multiple devices, really. Nothing comes close to this).

Maybe you won't get warm with it, and want to return to Android after 1 Month already^^ Anything can happen.

12 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

If you prefer iOS, and like the iOS Experience, it's worth buying over ANY Android smartphone that exists now, and will exist in the next 2-3 years, easily.

The thing is, Android smartphones are all quite similar, they share the base: Android. Doesn't matter if you have Oneplus, Huawei or samsung. UI might look very different, but under that Skin, it's every time Android. It works the same.

iOS is a different, and can't be "replaced", because there are no other phones with iOS - except iPhone.

So first of all, you need to decide if you want to stick to Android and try a different manufacturer like Oneplus, or you chose iOS, and see how that goes.

Maybe you love it (iOS does indeed run pretty damn well and consistent, but many things are Limited. Like File System is nonexistent, you can't personalize it that well etc etc.), and enjoy the perks it has. Like the Speed, reliability, the App store, Airdrop (there is nothing better to share files between multiple devices, really. Nothing comes close to this).

Maybe you won't get warm with it, and want to return to Android after 1 Month already^^ Anything can happen.

I'm pretty sure I want to stick with Android. I have to admit, I love all of the extra things you get with having an iPhone (app store, airdrop, imessage) but all of my friends and family use Android apart from maybe 1 or 2 people so it's not like I need it. 

I'm waiting until the OnePlus 6T McLaren releases on 11th December. If the price is right I'm buying it, but if not then I'll consider a OnePlus 6 or a Pixel 2 XL.