Windows 10 issue or faulty RTX card?

Hi P

GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC

I was just watching videos in YouTube when suddenly Firefox closed, mouse began to lag, other apps crashed, then black screen with only the mouse on it, I'm not sure if at that point I could move the mouse, because I began to record with my phone what was happening.

Is this a known Windows 10 October update issue?

Or is it that my GPU is among the faulty ones? (mine is from the early batch, I think, not too sure)

Thank you

It could very well be your GPU. RTX cards are going dead all over the place. 

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

7 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

It could very well be your GPU. RTX cards are going dead all over the place. 

I contacted Asus about it, waiting for a response, it said 1 to 2 days.

But does it sound like the GPU? or could it be anything

Just now, Alexsolo said:

Are you on an Intel system? Try removing the GPU and trying the video output directly on the motherboard.

Ryzen system, I restarted the PC by holding down the power button when that happened, booted normally and I haven't had any issues so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again knowing that RTX been failing since launch.

Do you know if my problem sounds like the GPU crashed?

1 minute ago, Alexsolo said:

Could be a driver, could even be the hard drive windows is installed on! Try my suggestion above.

Yup, I will try that suggestion once this crashes again, because since the system is working properly now, I would get video output from the motherboard, right? (let me know if this isn't the case, I'm bad at troubleshooting)

(CPU: R5 2600)

1 minute ago, Alexsolo said:

On an R5 2600 there wouldn't be video out... A GPU is required, unlike Intel CPU's not all Ryzen processors have integrated graphics.

I emailed ASUS about it, hopefully everything goes well with RMA if my GPU is among the faulty ones.