Pyramid Case

FL4ww

I know I'm late for the party and I can't draw, but I thought i had a cool idea for this:

Spoiler

image.png.68cb468d269602853ecf19dd044226c2.png

The grey is case and the blue is a window looking into the case. Tried to illustrate it best I can but all I have at work is paint and a mouse :') 

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Ignore that fact that my attempt at a "top-down" view of this looks a little like the iron cross.

Spoiler

image.png.1cadbc4b2665b31f3c6faee3b804b09b.png

Probably need to re-think air-flow options.

Was thinking a lower basement type deal for the PSU and the wires could come up through the floor. Mobo mounted on the base so you could see a vertical GPU through one of the windows.

Sorry I'm really bored at work and this kept me entertained for 15 minutes ?

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

that's about the reason we're all here. looks pretty good tho

This is very true!

And thanks!

Kind of want one now haha.

Current Build:

Plex Server:

Other:

4 minutes ago, Rhyss said:

This is very true!

And thanks!

Kind of want one now haha.

well, I'm fine with my masterbox 5 lite for now. and my work pc case I use rn.

Damn, people are actually scared of wooden cases? As long as all your component are properly grounded (which they should be given a proper power supply), there is very little risk to the components starting a fire in the first place. If you really want to be cautious, then run a wire from the power supply housing to each of the components (like for the motherboard, attach the wire to one of the mounting posts).

If you know how to work with metal already and have cheap access to tools and materials, then sure go for it. But wood (or acrylic) would be so much easier and cheaper than trying to do a metal scratch build.

Plus, if you don't make the metal case properly (i.e no deburring, sharp edge, improperly affixed pieces, etc.) and a burr by chance falls onto a component, it could cause a short and who knows maybe you would actually start a fire (tho if anything, itll probably just be magical black smoke that makes electronics run).

9 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Not what I meant. What components (mobo, gpu, cpu, ram) are you planning on?

Sorry for the wait man here you have it1454153657_SemTtulo.png.93a7a6a9d467b62b6a02738272627511.png1705040624_SemTtulo2.png.3eaa16c12692da8617e5e7c94b423110.png

7 hours ago, Rhyss said:

I know I'm late for the party and I can't draw, but I thought i had a cool idea for this:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.68cb468d269602853ecf19dd044226c2.png

The grey is case and the blue is a window looking into the case. Tried to illustrate it best I can but all I have at work is paint and a mouse :') 

I had that idea but instead of 3 windows i'll put only one in the front

4 minutes ago, FL4ww said:

I had that idea but instead of 3 windows i'll put only one in the front

hm... sounds good. maybe some fan grills would look nice. and let the case a bit up (by small stands for example) so the psu can get some air. you might want to do that even on the main triangle. I like the idea of 2 of those

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

hm... sounds good. maybe some fan grills would look nice. and let the case a bit up (by small stands for example) so the psu can get some air. you might want to do that even on the main triangle. I like the idea of 2 of those

Yeah, i know that we need some of that fresh air ;)

Stands would be great, i'll put holes under the power supply.

And do i need a dust filter ?

6 minutes ago, FL4ww said:

Yeah, i know that we need some of that fresh air ;)

Stands would be great, i'll put holes under the power supply.

And do i need a dust filter ?

Need is a big word, it would be a nice touch

1 hour ago, MyName0602 said:

What do you need help with? I can still model it, just right not now. I might be able to get it done tomorrow.

i just need to make sure if its finished.

1 minute ago, FL4ww said:

i just need to make sure if its finished.

well. we can discuss here for long, but in the end it's you that will be going to lead this project and actually build it. We just give you some ideas and help

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

well. we can discuss here for long, but in the end it's you that will be going to lead this project and actually build it. We just give you some ideas and help

ok, thanks

1 minute ago, FL4ww said:

ok, thanks

And I'm just folowing this because I likle the idea and using my general knowledge of pc's to help you. I never modified cases

Edited by LukeSavenije

Yeah I'm also still here, just been really busy. 

Same though, I've never really made/modified cases before, I just though it was a cool idea. Happy to help out with anything though, what're you sill looking to be done?

Current Build:

Plex Server:

Other:

@FL4ww I know there was talk about a separate pyramid for the psu. I am designing it now. Do you want a second pyramid and if so, I think it would look cool if you put the GPU in there and added some tempered glass?

1 hour ago, MyName0602 said:

@FL4ww I know there was talk about a separate pyramid for the psu. I am designing it now. Do you want a second pyramid and if so, I think it would look cool if you put the GPU in there and added some tempered glass?

you could do one of two things in that second pyramid:

gpu

psu

the choise is yours

most woods have a burning point at over 300c. If this is just a school project or a prototype, wood is fine. Its a lot cheaper and more available to make a case out of wood than machining a metal case. Just avoid using paper and cardboard. Also suggest staying away from wood glue or other epoxies for your joints. You should use wood joints or metal to join the pieces together