XMP Profile Help

So, my "big" Black Friday purchase finally arrived; some G. Skills Trident Z RGB RAM 3600. I've got a Ryzen 1700X, on an MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon mobo.

Obviously, when I put the RAM in and set the profile to "auto" it dramatically drops the speed below it's advertised speed.  Prior to this I had some RAM that was 2400, so I'd just change the XMP Profile to 2400, and it was all fine.  When I set the RAM to 3600, the system becomes very unstable.  Gave me a few BSOD, my fans weren't recognized once on boot up, GPU didn't output.  So I reset the CMOS and I'm back to square one. 

I can be honest and say that outside of just bumping up the XMP profile, I know little to nothing about HOW to properly get the RAM speed up to where it's supposed to be.  The motherboard's manual says it supports RAM up to 3200, and I'd be fine with that if it'll be more stable.  But when I set it there, again, BSOD and instability.  Am I missing something?  Do I need to mess with the RAM's voltage or anything like that? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!. 

You should try updating your bios to the latest version. the early ryzen mobos have/had ram compatibility issues that have now been fixed(mostly). Also theres a chance you may never get the full 3600. once you have updated the bios start the ram at 2400 and move it up one profile at a time e.g 2400 > 2666 > 2933 etc. till you find the fastest stable speed.

bios file: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-GAMING-PRO-CARBON

Updating BIOS

Before updating:
Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from MSI
website. And then save the BIOS file into the USB flash drive.

Updating BIOS:
1. Press Del key to enter the BIOS Setup during POST.
2. Insert the USB flash drive that contains the update file into the computer.
3. Select the M-FLASH tab and click on Yes to reboot the system and enter the flash
mode.
4. Select a BIOS file to perform the BIOS update process.
5. After the flashing process is 100% completed, the system will reboot
automatically.

18 minutes ago, SuperCloneRanger said:

You should try updating your bios to the latest version. the early ryzen mobos have/had ram compatibility issues that have now been fixed(mostly). Also theres a chance you may never get the full 3600. once you have updated the bios start the ram at 2400 and move it up one profile at a time e.g 2400 > 2666 > 2933 etc. till you find the fastest stable speed.

bios file: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-GAMING-PRO-CARBON

Updating BIOS

Before updating:
Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from MSI
website. And then save the BIOS file into the USB flash drive.

Updating BIOS:
1. Press Del key to enter the BIOS Setup during POST.
2. Insert the USB flash drive that contains the update file into the computer.
3. Select the M-FLASH tab and click on Yes to reboot the system and enter the flash
mode.
4. Select a BIOS file to perform the BIOS update process.
5. After the flashing process is 100% completed, the system will reboot
automatically.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that.  I should have mentioned that I did update to the most current BIOS last week, and looks like it's still the most current one.  

I think I may have solved the problem, not with any real reasoning other than trying everything I could multiple times haha.  I reseated the RAM, cleared the CMOS again, and just manually applied the timings and voltages reccomended on the packaging of the RAM.  I did only put it up to 3200 since that's what the manual for the motherboard says is the max.  Is that REALLY the maximum though?  

When it comes to tinkering with the CPU and the GPU I feel much more liberal in taking risks, but it seems like a RAM failure can cause troubles all over the place so I'm a little hesitant to boos the timings past what the mobo manual says.