Mobo won’t post

I’ve been working on an “old” (2014) computer with a friend, and we can’t get the stupid thing to post! Everything is assembled correctly, the 24 pin and 8 pin power is all hooked up on the board, SATA power is all hooked up, RAM, SSD, and CPU are all hooked up correctly, I even replaced the CMOS battery, but the board doesn’t react at all when I hit the power button. I tested the same power supply on a random graphics card and it lit up so the PSU seems to work. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I’ve asked around and haven’t found anything helpful.

if it helps,

MOBO: MSI Z97 gaming 5

CPU: i5 4590

PSU: Angel Truepower 650 watt

Hey what are you calling old! My system is 4th gen!

Double check that the 24-pin is well seated. It can take quite a bit of force to get in correctly sometimes. You might even have a faulty/mis-connected power button. Check this by disconnecting the power button wires from the motherboard and shorting the correct pins with a screw driver. Check the motherboard's manual to know which are the correct pins.

Otherwise are you getting any post codes from the motherboard or is it simply not turning on at all?

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys