Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upgrades for my First Build

Hi,

 

This is my current PC setup. But I'm exeriencing FPS fluctuations when playing games like No Man's Sky, Total War Atilla, The Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor and other games (20-30 fps when there are alot of going on on screen). What part would be best to upgrade? I mainly use this for gaming and browsing. I just want to reach 60FPS or alittle more and stable.

 

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Asus Prime B350M-A
Palit GTX 1050ti StormX 4gb
Team elite 2x4gb 2400mhz
WD 1TB
CoolerMaster Masterbox Pro 5
Aerocool Rave 600w RGB
Samsung EVO 860 250GB

 

PS: I'm using Asus VZ229H 21.5 IPS as my monitor. (1080p 60Hz)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Upping the ram to 3000mhz would help, ryzen is dependent on it.

 

For gpu upgrade though look at a 6gb 1060 or 8gb RX 580

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

try this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
Memory ADATA - XPG GAMMIX D10 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $104.99 @ Newegg Business
Video Card PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card $179.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $304.98
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $284.98
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-03 19:22 EST-0500  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Upping the ram to 3000mhz would help, ryzen is dependent on it.

 

For gpu upgrade though look at a 6gb 1060 or 8gb RX 580

Would Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000Mhz suffice?

 

I'll look for Infos about RX 580 thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Happycowdance said:

try this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
Memory ADATA - XPG GAMMIX D10 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $104.99 @ Newegg Business
Video Card PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card $179.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $304.98
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $284.98
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-03 19:22 EST-0500  

 

Was planning for Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000Mhz

 

I'll read about the 580 as I do not have knowledgr about AMD cards. Thank you so much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TroyFlowRest said:

Would Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000Mhz suffice?

 

I'll look for Infos about RX 580 thank you. 

Yes it will.

 

The 1060 6GB and 580 8GB have around the same performance, get whichever good card you can find cheapest.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TroyFlowRest said:

Was planning for Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000Mhz

 

I'll read about the 580 as I do not have knowledgr about AMD cards. Thank you so much. 

ram doesnt matter 16gs 3000 mhz go with that ram if you want

 

a 580 is basically a 1060 

the performance will vary however from game to game 

fore example

580 performs better in the witcher 3,battlefield 4 while a 1060 will preform better in dota,fortnite

the difference is normally within 5 fps tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×