3rd monitor not getting detected, Windows 10, 64bit[FIXED]

Go to solution Solved by zookie,

so i finally fixed it, i attached the hdmi through the motherboard and restarted computer a few times and then the motherboard eventually accepted it, i could afterwards then plug it into the gpu and it worked fine ^^ 

Hey guys! So i am in abit of a pickle here. 

So i finally got my new computer with the i9-9900k and rtx2070. but my new computer wont detect my 3rd monitor.

so behind on my rtx2070 i have 2 display port and 1x HDM. my first 2 monitors are plugged into the display ports. My last and problemfilled monitor, is the 3rd, it doesnt have Display port or DVI, Only VGA. i got myself a konverter, to change the signal from vga to hdmi compatible. But the computer wont detect it at all. no matter what i tried.

I also tested the konverter, by connecting 3rd monitor to my laptop. and there it works fine, the laptop detects and screen works instantly. So i can confirm it aint the konverter that is broken. but something on my computer. Any tips guys? i would really love to get my 3rd monitor rolling 

cheers

Try to access Windows settings on your other two monitors and click detect display. If that doesn't work, try the NVIDIA Control Panel. I know for a fact that the newer GPUs have a monitor section in the control panel.

i already tried going into the nvidia control panel --> set up multiple displays, and even clicked the "my display is not shown..."  and tried forcing detection, but didnt help. 

Go to the Control Panel in Windows 10 and then go to Display. Now go to “Change Display Settings”. You will see all three screens here. But many users will see one of them as disconnected. Now click on the screen that is disconnected or dark and choose “extend desktop to this display” option.

There is another solution to activate and enable the third monitor. First, you should connect the two monitors that are working just fine. Now connect the third monitor as well and then restart your computer. During the boot process, Windows will detect the monitor and it will install the driver.

Windows 10 removed the display options from control panel around a year ago, so that solution is no longer valid (this is apparently a big issue amongst many people with this issue, and idk why they choose to remove the tab from windows).

i restarted the computer with the monitor connected atleast 20 times by now :/, but ill do another restart now just for the sake of it :)

currently im going into control panel - troubleshooting -> view all -> hardware and devices -> and running the repair tool there, everytime i run it, my computer says it have found something to fix and i can apply it. i click apply and it says u need restart. i done this 3 times now. but it doesnt seem to be applaying the fix. when i check troubleshoot history i dont see the log for the fixes hmm.. i think this might be the solution but why it wont work im not sure.

so i finally fixed it, i attached the hdmi through the motherboard and restarted computer a few times and then the motherboard eventually accepted it, i could afterwards then plug it into the gpu and it worked fine ^^