Does W10 LTSC include thing like "Fullscreen Optimizations" and all the Game Bar features?

Noirgheos

This is my main reason to even consider switching over. That and none of the useless apps that come bundled in with Pro/Education. These features have caused numerous issues for me, and disabling them is quite the pain in 1803. I know LTSB for sure does not have them as it is based on 1607, before they were introduced, but I have not seen anyone mention them with the new LTSC.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

1 hour ago, RandomGuy13 said:

I dont realy know what any of these fatures are.

But I can tell you that I have an option to dissable full screen optimisations in the compatiblity tab of properties.

I can also tell you I dont have the Xbox app, but I can see the game bar option in settings, its off by default.

I have Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

So you do have them. Is there a global toggle somewhere? Regardless, how stable is it? How has gaming been?

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

LTSC doesn't contain with any UWP programs - which is one of its big advantages if you want to be free of MS crap.

What do you use the game bar for? I'm sure other programs do everything it does, and more.

I imagine that you can add it if you really want it. Some people have posted scripts for adding specific UWP programs to Windows 10 LTSB / LTSC.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

LTSC doesn't contain with any UWP programs - which is one of its big advantages if you want to be free of MS crap.

What do you use the game bar for? I'm sure other programs do everything it does, and more.

I imagine that you can add it if you really want it. Some people have posted scripts for adding specific UWP programs to Windows 10 LTSB / LTSC.

Nothing, I don't want to use it. I just really want it gone. The problem is, "Fullscreen Optimizations" cause more issues for me and is the biggest reason I want to switch to LTSC. If there's no global toggle, it means I'll have to disable it for each game, one by one.

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise 1803 and I don't see an option for Fullscreen Optimizations in my Display -> Advanced Display Settings menu.

My Enterprise isn't the LTSB / LTSC version, so I would assume that I should have the option there. However, I have Game Mode disabled.

If Fullscreen Optimizations is a component of Game Mode and the Game Bar, then it makes sense that it wouldn't be available if those things are either disabled or not included in a particular edition of Windows 10.

Also, there's a registry tweak to disable it: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-fullscreen-optimizations-windows-10/

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

On the right, modify or create a new 32-Bit DWORD value GameDVR_FSEBehavior.
Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
A value data of 0 will enable the feature. Set the GameDVR_FSEBehavior value to 2 to disable it.

Because the registry key includes DVR in its name, I'm inclined to suspect that it is a component of the Xbox program and so wouldn't be enabled if that program wasn't present and enabled.

However, since RandomGuy13 says they see the option in their Windows 10 LTSC, then that is interesting and suggests that something else may be the situation. They say it can be enabled or disabled, though, so I think there is no cause for concern about it.

What types of issues does Fullscreen Optimizations cause for you?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise 1803 and I don't see an option for Fullscreen Optimizations in my Display -> Advanced Display Settings menu.

My Enterprise isn't the LTSB / LTSC version, so I would assume that I should have the option there. However, I have Game Mode disabled.

If Fullscreen Optimizations is a component of Game Mode and the Game Bar, then it makes sense that it wouldn't be available if those things are either disabled or not included in a particular edition of Windows 10.

Also, there's a registry tweak to disable it: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-fullscreen-optimizations-windows-10/

Because the registry key includes DVR in its name, I'm inclined to suspect that it is a component of the Xbox program and so wouldn't be enabled if that program wasn't present and enabled.

However, since RandomGuy13 says they see the option in their Windows 10 LTSC, then that is interesting and suggests that something else may be the situation. They say it can be enabled or disabled, though, so I think there is no cause for concern about it.

Mostly lower performance, and most annoying of all, the majority of my games tab out once when booting up if they are set to Fullscreen, forcing me to tab back in. Minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless.

Also, I have that key set to 2 currently on Windows 10 Pro 1803, and that actually allows me to disable it in *right-click .exe* -> properties -> compatibility

Without the key, the option doesn't even show up.

39 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Regardless, dealing with them sounds better than using LTSB 2016. Do you know how one would go about... acquiring LTSC?

Reseller markets like eBay, Craigslist, reddit, etc, is where I'd look for a license. If there aren't any available right now, some usually appear after waiting a bit.

Also, Microsoft has KMS servers for activation of trials of LTSC which will activate a copy of LTSC for 180 days before, and will re-activate the same installation with a fresh 180 days, indefinitely.

You could simply keep re-activating LTSC using the 180 day trial, or you could find a license for sale.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy13 said:

As far as I know, fullscreen optimisations dont kick in unless game bar is enabled. As far as I can tell its just a different fullscreen mode that allows a gamebar overlay, Sounds like shit but I just have the game bar dissabled and as far as I can tell games peform normally, in proper fullscreen without any problems.

See, that's the thing. I disabled Game Bar and FSO through the registry, yet some games still feel like they tab out too quickly for it to be true fullscreen.