can the i5 9500 run on a z370?

Go to solution Solved by monjessenstein,

Yes it will work, and no it hasn't released yet.

Hi all , i have been getting the parts for my next build and i was going to get the cpu next month, i wanted to get the i5 8500

but now it is out of stock in my country, and am afraid they would take  a while to be back instock , so i was wondering if the i5 9500 would run on the z370 , and what it`s gonna be priced at

do i need to update the bios of the board or something? 

Also is the 9500 even out yet? (can`t find proper info on it currently) 

thanks

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

it will, but I don't see why you would want to get it.

As i mentioned above, can't find a i5 8500 in my country right now, out of stock in many places, and the already existing shortage from intel makes it worse 

Either way am gonna wait a month and see if the 8500 becomes available again, i noticed it doesn't differ much from the 9500, the spectre and meltdown patches according to benchmarks i saw really do not affect that much, and thr 9500 is almost the same as 8500 (but i need a cpu either way lol so if 8500 is never to be found on my side, oh well) 

1 minute ago, Goliath_1911 said:

As i mentioned above, can't find a i5 8500 in my country right now, out of stock in many places, and the already existing shortage from intel makes it worse 

Either way am gonna wait a month and see if the 8500 becomes available again, i noticed it doesn't differ much from the 9500, the spectre and meltdown patches according to benchmarks i saw really do not affect that much, and thr 9500 is almost the same as 8500 (but i need a cpu either way lol so if 8500 is never to be found on my side, oh well) 

What about ryzen? And the 8400? 8600(k)?

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

What about ryzen? And the 8400? 8600(k)?

Already got the motherboard(each month i am ordering a part for my new rig) , funny thing is all the i5 8th gen are out of stock, currently there is a rise in gaming lounges and pc gamers overall many stuff is going out of stock, only one available is the 9600k 

I made a mistake of not getting the cpu before the board i guess :/

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Well, intel still has a shortage going on. You might want to wait a bit longer...

Still got my old rig for now

I hope i won't have to wait longer tho lol xd

Then i might have to pay an extra 200$ for a i7 :/

1 minute ago, Goliath_1911 said:

Still got my old rig for now

I hope i won't have to wait longer tho lol xd

Then i might have to pay an extra 200$ for a i7 :/

Yeah, that's way too much. But if that shortage is done, they only have the intel tax to pay. I would buy a different part for this month.

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Well, intel still has a shortage going on. You might want to wait a bit longer...

BTW just noticed u got that 7200 1tb barrucada

Is it annoying u when it starts to spin up? 

Mine is annoying af i might leave it out of my next rig... Idk if it is the case 

9 minutes ago, Goliath_1911 said:

BTW just noticed u got that 7200 1tb barrucada

Is it annoying u when it starts to spin up? 

Mine is annoying af i might leave it out of my next rig... Idk if it is the case 

I have an old one (2014 I think?). It doesn't bother me. But I don't bother my pc making sound either. But that's not the hdds fault. It's the fans

Edited by LukeSavenije